Life blue IRN...

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Indian Ringnecks (blue female and male) and Cockatoo Galah (male)
Hi everyone! :blue2:
It's Erica ) this is a 2 year old female blue Indian Ringneck ) She's from Czech Republic, but now lives in Russia in St. Petersburg) I know English a little bit, But I'll tell you a little about her...
Erica eats a lot of fruits, vegetables, berries, herbs, sprouted grains and Versele-Laga
I bought it at a pet store in 2014, she was already an adult (8-9 months). Erica no fosterling. But after a long time she became closer to us. Now Erica can sit on his shoulder and take food from the hands. At first I thought she was a male, Probably like many who live Ringneck, now she doesn't have the black ring on the neck and is not likely to appear, but I still love her :smile015:)
Erica is always flying all day, I don't lock her in a cage, she doesn't do damage at home ) after a while, I want to buy her an adult blue male ringneck, but it will happen in the spring or summer, now it is the only parrot in our home)
b2589a814432.jpg
52d1c05a8784.jpg

In St. Petersburg a lot of rain...
d7e00ab8698c.jpg

14ad56ba60df.jpg

To be continued...

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Hello! I do not know anything about RingNecks,But Erica is a very beautiful bird! I love BLUR..it is my favorite color! :D

I saw another of your posts,how is your search for the Galah Cockatoo going?? The pictures you shared were absolutely gorgeous! :07:

As far as getting another IRN, I am just curious,why?
This is just MY opinion..having another bird as "company" for Erica, might make Erica like the bird more than her human, unless Erica is already strongly bonded with you. Now this is just MY opinion here!

Jim

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
She is beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teknogeddon

Aug 13, 2016
Alabama
Parrots
Chasca - Hahns Macaw
She's BEAUTIFUL. I love that color and honestly I prefer females over males. The ring doesn't do it for me. :p

Are you getting a male to breed?
If not, maybe another species of bird so you don't have mate aggression?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
She is very pretty, such a rich blue color! SHe sounds like a wonderful parrot companion. Do you teach her any tricks? They are very smart animals. I have taught my Salty, an Amazon parrot, to do a lot of tricks, and he is just 1 year old. Its a lot of fun to show your friends what she will have learned. Does she talk a bit now? I would love to hear a parrot speaking Russian!

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
AmyMyBlueFront - I want to buy a second parrot, because Erica is bored alone. Galah I want to buy for the family. Erica also needs the friend, they will chat together)

SilverSage - thank you) She know it :D

Teknogeddon - I don't want baby parrots) IRN male only for friend for Erica)

wrench13 - Erica unfortunately is not talking( but she screams a lot in the morning and evening :D
If show language, Erica shows language in response . Repeats for us lol :D

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
OOOooo she is absolutely stunning! The ring may come yet :)
All birds are different and you can never be sure two will get along. That said, my Mum's Galah stayed with us for 8 months or so. My ringneck Henry was great mates with him. They used to play peek a boo, 'sneeze' at each other and chat for ages between their cages. When they were out together they were both fully flighted and closely supervised so they could get their own space if they needed to.

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
OOOooo she is absolutely stunning! The ring may come yet :)
All birds are different and you can never be sure two will get along. That said, my Mum's Galah stayed with us for 8 months or so. My ringneck Henry was great mates with him. They used to play peek a boo, 'sneeze' at each other and chat for ages between their cages. When they were out together they were both fully flighted and closely supervised so they could get their own space if they needed to.

I want Erica and IRN male were friends, talked. Galah communicate with us)
Your Galah loves dealing with people or birds?)

Last edited:

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
The Galah, Marley was hand raised. he'd fly to his favourite people and land on their arms for talking and cuddles. My was also hand raised. But I think they enjoyed each others company too.

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
The Galah, Marley was hand raised. he'd fly to his favourite people and land on their arms for talking and cuddles. My was also hand raised. But I think they enjoyed each others company too.

I fear that the Galah will communicate only with the Erica :02:

So I want to buy a Galah fosterling (eating from a syringe, fed him people)

P.s i don't know what is "forestling" in English, in Russia it's "parrot eating from a syringe", my English not good
10354_144518685_3_644x461_nutribird-a19-ta-a21-korm-dlya-ruchnogo-vskarmlivaniya-popugaev-zootovary.jpg
popugay1.jpg1_1.jpg

Thank you)

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
When we say hand reared it's the same as your fosterling :) The important thing there is to choose an experienced breeder who can do the feeding for you. It's very difficult and hand reared or 'fosterling' birds bond to their new humans just fine. You don't need the feeding to be that person's favourite human.

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
When we say hand reared it's the same as your fosterling :) The important thing there is to choose an experienced breeder who can do the feeding for you. It's very difficult and hand reared or 'fosterling' birds bond to their new humans just fine. You don't need the feeding to be that person's favourite human.

Yes, i know) I want buy Galah in 3-5 month )

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Hi everyone!:blue2::blue2:
We bought another Ringneck. We named him Neo, he is now 4 years. He has a bracelet that says 12 year and country Czech Republic. They and Erica get along well and not fighting. Neo she is dancing for her, and she curved for him;).
I have a few questions...
What is their color mutation ? Erica has a blue feathers, and Neo turquoise
What color they will have children?

This photo of Neo and Erica

In this photo you can see the difference in color of the feathers

Maybe I will be able to take photos with good lighting where you will see the difference...

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Right now all I see are blue feathers. Turquoise Irns will actually have green feathers on them as well. Regular Blue IRNS can have a turquoise color, without actually being a turquoise mutation. If your bird does have a more turquoise color, there could be a different mutation at play such as DEEP.

Here are some examples of blue vs. turquoise.

Deep blue
9552172c9e9868631e904b9c81a982e0.jpg

Normal blue
bf6fe7e76c870590508dee7ff041b291.jpg

Deep blue
8f05a9d2a15f5c8eed6d75f1074a46b1.jpg

Turquoise hen in front, blue **** in back
3f83bf1f7b327303f2489e0cce9da514.png

Violet turquoise (it's easier to see the contrast here, that entire feathers are coming in green)
75969d07cdb7b26d74434c919d4c4749.png

Deep turquoise
d5a561e4ba937544f2ae1ec29fa693f4.png

Deep turquoise
6681367d161b599b4e6148127f5ff5f9.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Hi, are you not observing quarantine for the new birds you introduce? By not doing so you risk introducing diseases to your existing bird(s).

'a state, period, or place of isolation, ie separate room, in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed or possibly exposed to infectious or contagious disease are placed'

They are lovely but this could save lives.

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
plumsmum2005 - We bought the parrot on the ad. We decided not to do the quarantine. They had no other birds.

SilverSage - Thank you. I do these days photos on the camera and perhaps there will be easier to see their colors. But they are a little different. I was watching about this on another website about color mutations IRN
http://www.psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm

Last edited:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
plumsmum2005 - We bought the parrot on the ad. We decided not to do the quarantine. They had no other birds.

SilverSage - Thank you. I do these days photos on the camera and perhaps there will be easier to see their colors. But they are a little different. I was watching about this on another website about color mutations IRN
http://www.psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm

. . . OK, or been in contact with any other parrots/birds for a considerable time?

Most Reactions

Latest posts