Like a kid in a candy store

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
After hearing "everyone else" on the forum talk about my safe bird store, I finally decided to check it out tonight... I ran out of Goldenfeast yesterday and was curious if they had mixes that weren't available locally:) 2 hours later, let's just say Kiwi is even more spoiled than before, and I spent more than I care to mention to my hubby when I told him I was going to order some "treats and dried fruit" online:54:

And FYI (if anyone wants to take advantage) they're daily deal is 25% off acrylic foraging toys! I ended up buying 4 Kiwi doesn't already have. Also got some toy parts (because I *SO* need more of those:rolleyes:) and some red palm oil/small jar of a supplement called "featherific" that gives a little vitamin boost to molting birds. Kiwi is molting right now, and is having one of his worst in years:( Poor guy is a bit on the scruffy side AND covered in pin feathers, so I'm hoping some of this helps him get through it more comfortably (BTW is anyone else's bird having an unusually rough molt this year? My mom says her zons are having a bad molt too). Beyond that, I found a dehydrated greens mix (easier than chop for me, seeing as I have the one bird), dried kiwi (fruit), dried blueberries, dried strawberries and a dried mix of big sweet potato, green beans, squash, carrots and taro (whatever that is). I thought these would be great to string on toys since Kiwi likes dried fruit a lot. And I stocked up on our mutually much missed star anise, in bulk! I like to put a star in his dish every morning so he has fresh breath as he nibbles it throughout the day;) Last, but most intriguing is the goldenfeast "goldn'obles". They kind of look like brown fruit loops, and I *think* they may be some kind of pellet but they could also be intended as a treat. Either way, they shall be used as "beads" for his toys (and something he can munch on as well).

Anyways, when my hubby gets home, I guess--->:green: has a lot of explaining to do. After all, he held me at beakpoint until I spoiled him rotten right?:D

Last edited:

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Ah, I can relate. I can't shop at MSBS without going overboard, so I try to make it a once in a while thing. They have such a great toy selection! It's so easy to get carried away.

Let me know what you think of the featherific. I've been thinking about getting some for my birds.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh my gosh! I love my safe bird store! I love shopping for the fids! Isn't it great! :D

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
I know what you mean! And after you start adding a few things you think.. well if I just add a bit more I'll get the free shipping. Oh, if I just add a bit more it'll be 10% off... now I'm so close to 15%... x.x

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
So, (roughly) how long does it take for your order to be processed and shipped. I don't think I saw that anywhere. It really is a great site! I got Kiwi some more "advanced" foragers (or at least totally different concepts from the ones he has now). I hope he can figure them up and we can finally move on to the more advanced/really difficult ones:) It's so cool to watch him solve puzzles!

The intelligence of the parrot mind!:green:

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
They are the fastest shipper out there. I can guarantee they ship next business day. It's just a matter of how close you are to their facility. They always include a little treat as well.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I get in trouble every time I shop their site lol usually it takes 1 day for them to tell me my order has shipped, and if you chose ups ground then it takes 5 business days to get to our neck of the woods lol

Chili is also having an extremely rough molt right now (which is why she went to the vet recently).

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
For me the shipping is lightning fast! They are in NJ I am in CT, there have been times that I place my order get a confirmation and an hour or two later a notice that they have shipped. It may take slightly longer for you but I doubt much, they are really excellent at getting the order out quick!

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas
love-love-love MSBS. All my fids enjoy everything we get from them(And I love their deals/prices!) Most of the time when I order they have free domestic shipping over a certain price, and whenever I do that it's usually 3-5 days before it's here(TX). Keep in mind I'm a night owl so usually my stuff isn't shipped until the following morning. :)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
After reviewing my order, I was just wondering how long it would take them to get all of it together:eek: I got quite the variety of the bulk foods:)

I'm just really excited to see the new foraging toys! I got one thats a clear ball with slats he could pull treats out of, and I want to put it on the floor with an almond or pistachio in it and watch the fun:D (is that mean? lol).

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I can't wait to try MSBS myself! I saw some really cheap seagrass mats for making my 'activity walls'. I'm so paranoid about buying things from bird environments that are potentially contaminated with viruses that I can only buy certain things at stores that I can put in the dishwasher, or else I shop at the "safe" supply and toy store owned by my vet.
I just hate ordering things online, but I think I will make myself do it at MSBS :)

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I can't wait to try MSBS myself! I saw some really cheap seagrass mats for making my 'activity walls'. I'm so paranoid about buying things from bird environments that are potentially contaminated with viruses that I can only buy certain things at stores that I can put in the dishwasher, or else I shop at the "safe" supply and toy store owned by my vet.
I just hate ordering things online, but I think I will make myself do it at MSBS :)

I got a seagrass mat too! Lord knows I have enough beads and little toys to attach to it:rolleyes: They have a great selection of toy making parts actually. I kind of had to "contain" my excitement by not buying 10 of each lol:20:

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
I think Kiwi is the most spoiled bird on here !!!! :) As for your husband [he cant be upset]. Tell him hes the happiest hes ever been with Kiwi [and didn't know it ].If he asks why [tell him its not like we have 21 birds here] :).

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas

I got a seagrass mat too! Lord knows I have enough beads and little toys to attach to it:rolleyes: They have a great selection of toy making parts actually. I kind of had to "contain" my excitement by not buying 10 of each lol:20:

I'm sure your seagrass mats will be AWESOME! Mine is rather amateur and Gale still loves it!!

She likes to stand on all of her toys though.. so I moved it to a lower corner so she doesn't roost on it ;)

Sterling1113

Feb 15, 2014
Dallas area, Texas

I'm sure your seagrass mats will be AWESOME! Mine is rather amateur and Gale still loves it!!

She likes to stand on all of her toys though.. so I moved it to a lower corner so she doesn't roost on it ;)

Edited to add: That is the SMALL mat, 14"X14"! :D

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I think Kiwi is the most spoiled bird on here !!!! :) As for your husband [he cant be upset]. Tell him hes the happiest hes ever been with Kiwi [and didn't know it ].If he asks why [tell him its not like we have 21 birds here] :).

I don't know about that.I think pretty much all the birds on this forum are spoiled :20:

I love it! Looks like an awesome toy and boy am I glad I got the small:11:

Most Reactions