Lin51

Lin51

Feb 9, 2018
:rainbow1:hi we have a Quaker parrot who is four this year,talks and does tricks.he has always sits on my shoulder.its taken about five months for him to except my husband.will except seeds of him now and sit on his knee.we now have a yellow sided conure only 7 months old. We are training him or her.we don't know yet.the conure went straight to SKYS cage and bit his chest.we checked he's okay.sky is weary of rainbow now.they come out seperetly .at the moment we take sky over after his flight time to see rainbow in his cage.am hoping it's working as he's just not hissing at him now.ate we doing thr right thing we do let the rainbow out to and he's food motivated .quick to learn and goes in after his time.are we doing the write thing.both settle of a night.they are into a routine of our day.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! Sounds like a great flock that you have. I think you are right to be cautious and let them out separately right now. They may need time to get used to each other, and some birds may never like each other. I’m glad there was no injuries from the bite. It will probably be a good idea to closely supervise any time that they have access to each other (even through the cage - bitten toes are not a good thing). Birds love routine and like to know what to expect, so I think you are on the right track :)

Hope you share some pics of your two!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums! Hope your Quaker and Conure become friends, or at least tolerate each other!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
HI Lin51,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hope things get better and eventually they don't injure each other. :heart:

Best of Luck!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I like your attitude!
You sound as if you want to do anything needed for your darlings!
I'm glad you're here.

OP
L

Lin51

Feb 9, 2018
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I haven't worked out yet how to put a picture on of our Quaker and conure. I thank you for the comments. With having Sky this August will be 4years old. The conure is my husbands birthday present. As Sky has had the fruit and veg mix all fresh every day for breakfast. I tried rainbow with it.boy he's never had it before.he is food orintated and went down well. After that they have their flight time. Soon as their out the papers and cages are cleaned.they have just nutra berries then,just one with bits of small dried mango.they play and sleep four four hours till it's their dinner time.they will have something different then,have their time out again.when they go in for bedtime I give them a handful of mixed seed. That's a full day from 8am till nine pm. We don't have another room to train them.their cages are beside each other.i would love to see them both out together but we know it's far to early.rainbow is not hand trained yet. He will come out the cage straight to the stand and take bit of grape of us but doesn't stay long goes back to his cage.we have had him or her for three weeks is this normal for a conure.skys colours are grey and blue. We love them both

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
I know some Parrots can never really like each other but can grow to like each other also. You can use positive reinforcement when they are out together for example, give them treats, play with them both, anything special you can do so they know good things are going to happen when they are together x

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I haven't worked out yet how to put a picture on of our Quaker and conure. I thank you for the comments. With having Sky this August will be 4years old. The conure is my husbands birthday present. As Sky has had the fruit and veg mix all fresh every day for breakfast. I tried rainbow with it.boy he's never had it before.he is food orintated and went down well. After that they have their flight time. Soon as their out the papers and cages are cleaned.they have just nutra berries then,just one with bits of small dried mango.they play and sleep four four hours till it's their dinner time.they will have something different then,have their time out again.when they go in for bedtime I give them a handful of mixed seed. That's a full day from 8am till nine pm. We don't have another room to train them.their cages are beside each other.i would love to see them both out together but we know it's far to early.rainbow is not hand trained yet. He will come out the cage straight to the stand and take bit of grape of us but doesn't stay long goes back to his cage.we have had him or her for three weeks is this normal for a conure.skys colours are grey and blue. We love them both

They're very well taken care of and living a good life! You're doing a good job taking care of them.
To upload a photo I use either Imgur or TinyPic. With Imgur you have to have an account. Select the one with

Most Reactions