looking for timneh breeders

rope

Feb 20, 2015
maine
Parrots
2 sun conures
due to losing my african gray timneh as well as my 2 counures on thanksgiving day by our awful mistake of using a oven liner i'm out there again looking for breeders..anyone know a good site to look for them or a reputable breeder? thanks

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Sorry. The 3 reputable bird shops by me usually only have Congo’s. And there is a waiting list for babies. Have you considered a rescue?

I hope you can find one soon. Your story is heartbreaking.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
I know you just lost your guys to a horrible accident but please don't jump right in. Give yourself time to work through the loss before getting a new parrot

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I wholeheartedly agree with the two previous posts. The horrible accident would leave anyone numb with time-delayed emotions you may yet confront.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Hi Rope,

Here is my experience-
Many years ago I lost a 3 year old black lab (Angus) to Lyme Disease.
I was devastated, as I felt it was my fault I could not protect him from this horrific disease. I cried for a month straight. The only thing that helped my grieving was when my husband & I decided to search for another puppy.
While I was looking for breeders etc... I was distracted from my loss. I wasn’t replacing Angus, but I wasn’t beating myself up over it either. I was refocused on getting a new family member and it helped pull me out of my sorrow.

Everyone grieves differently and at their own rate. So, I completely understand your motivation in researching breeders.

Best of luck to you. And again, your story still breaks my heart.

Please let us know how you make out.

Most Reactions

Latest posts