Timneh being difficult

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Timnehs been kind of miss attitude the last few days. She's decided she no longer wants to eat her nightly sitting of mashed not sure why she's still hungry but I have to break apart the purple supreme pellets and feed her a grape or two at a time here you go your heiness. She's like no way your not misting me I'm out of here and flies away. Then hides in her house. Do not go into a Greys house uninvited. So I'm like crap I hope she's not loosing weight. So same scale same setup on top, she's like what no way am I going to be weighed in. You don't have high enough clearance level to see those numbers anymore. So I chase her around and she'll come so close to being lead onto the scale with a treat and then off she goes. Other than that stuff all is pretty normal but she does seem to be gaining some independence and exploring more. Spending more time with me and not always on me. My little grey monster is growing up I think. Lol

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
She is just pushing her boundries, as I'v read so many Greys do, they really are like small kids, figuring out what they can and can not get away with. . They really seem like 3 yr olds like that, and I've raised 3 of those. Set your limits, and stick to them.

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
what wrench13 said :)

You have to bring the little monsters back in line occationally. When enzo is playing up i do my 'big monster' thing.... I walk up to her slowly when shes doing something naughty, i have my arms in the air and i tell her 'im coming to get you!', often but not always she stops what she is doing and puffs and shakes with excitement, just like a little kid would do :D

Enzo will also stop eating things she normally does, i think they just get bored of the same thing, try something else for her. Often if you eat, or appear to eat something new whilst making 'yummy noises' the birds inquisitive nature will make it come over and try some.

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
She wasn't happy about it but I got her on the scale had to do it in the kitchen so she couldn't fly right to her playstand or house. She's actually gained a gram 304 this morning after venting. She was holding her cashew when she got weighed in too. Makes me feel better anyway cause we usually sit for 45 minutes eating our mashed every night for the last 8 months.

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Timneh reminds me so much o my little nephew. They do so many of the same things when exploring new stuff.

Most Reactions