Mad Geddy!

Aluminum

Sep 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Parrots
"Geddy" Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
I took Geddy to have his nails trimmed for the first time and he was not pleased! While I was there I had them DNA test him as I am not sure yet if he is a she yet. Poor critter has been letting me know of his dissatisfaction of these events by hiding in his cage. One nice thing is it has been quiet today!

OP
Aluminum

Aluminum

Sep 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Parrots
aluminum-albums-geddy-picture16927-20160618-134636.jpg

He was a bit upset for a day or two but back to his obnoxious self!
He had found his morning voice so I can not sleep in to long as I am summoned for his morning bathwater and food.
How I survived so long between having little feathered friends is a wonder. My place is now complete!

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I always prefer to have my DYH Amazon's rage be targeted toward the Vet Tech Staff and I be the loving saver of the poor big green bird! Yup, not always happy afterwards, but still better than being 'that' person!

OP
Aluminum

Aluminum

Sep 14, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Parrots
I am with you on that one! My little guy does not have the bite your amazon must have but he can make his point fairly quickly.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I *DREADED* nail trims...
I humbly recommend getting those nail-trimming perches... they can eliminate nail-trimming, or at least they have for us...
It was always so stressful for me and the Rb. It took a few years, but I eventually established a pattern/rotation that keeps him trimmed. I haven't had to do his nails in 20-plus years. I keep a dowel as the main "highway" down the middle of the cage, but the special cement/trimmer/textured perches are all over.
A few brands... but there are many: Polly's Sand Walk... Pumice Perch... Trimmer Perch...
Be sure to introduce them gradually: they're abrasive to their tender feet at first.
But I LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts