made an interesting toy part. pics.

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
I made this new toy part to encourage my friends macaw to be more interested in a larger toy. I thought id share it with you guys.
Its really easy to make. All you need is 1 inch pvc pipe. Drill holes in the pipe, cut it into rings, thread manila rope through the holes, and frizz it up. This would make a great piece for kabobs!
20140306_180244_zpsc306107f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140306_180253_zps9a98ecd8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
She put them in with her toys. Her macaw didn't take to them right away. After about an hour she started preening the toy and now she has moved onto chewing on the wood blocks. Im happy her baby is getting a taste for new things. I think ill make at least 10 more for myself and my baby when she comes. I think it will be an interesting toy for a young macaw as well. The best part is you can reload it as needed.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Thats a great idea for a plucker! I will have to give it a try:) Well have my stepfather give it a try...I'd probably drill a hole through my finger somehow...

OP
M

Macawlover12

Feb 7, 2014
Caret, VA
Parrots
Kali-Catalina Macaw
Riddick, just make sure the holes get drill first, before cutting it into rings. It makes drilling so much easier. I would also think this would be good for a plucker because it will encourage the bird to preen the toy. Good luck :)

Most Reactions