Makes me want to cry!!

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
So i find these great websites for parrot toys with amazing variety and prices only to find they wont ship to New Zealand =(
Parrot toys over here are so stupidly expensive and with very little variation its depressing. I am trying my hand at making toys although i am no Momtopercy so they never really turn out to be very amazing although i am trying!
But its seriously driving me mental =( The petshops mainly stock the putu budgie toys which are ok for Barry but not very exciting. Then they have a couple of colored rope and block toys that are stupidly over priced. *Sigh* I had better keep saving for another trip to the specialty bird store...

OP
Freespin

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Thanks! Never thoughtvto try Aussie sites! Will have a look when I get home =)

Mekaisto

Jan 8, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Zookeeper who has worked with many bird species, and owner of a cheeky red-tailed black cockatoo (Ash)
I will also highly recommend Myparrot (not biased at all, *cough*)

The toys are really simple (and thus cheap), and if you have the right materials at hand you can even try making some of the designs yourself!

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
What kind of parrot toy are you interested in?

Since my baby Bacci died, I try to do something nice for a bird, or a bird cause every month, in his spirit.

I would be honored to send you a toy from New York for your bird. What kind of toys can't you get there. We get just about everything here, so let me know. It will be fun for him to get a gift in the mail :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Ahhhh myparrotshop's prices are very expensive!

Toys are cheaper on ebay from bird stores!

Or.. I recommend Kirsty's natural bird toys.. She is on facebook..

She is where i get all my toys from now.. :)

Because her prices are half the price..

All those foraging toys on my parrot shop which are like 40 dollars? She sells them for 25...

Another one is 60, and she sells it for 38..

She has basically all the same range, if she doesn't she might be able to get it in! :)

I will ask her if she does post to new zealand, i assume she would!

I understand how hard it is to find good toys, without spending a fortune, but since i found Kirsty's store, i have saved ALOT of money.. Plus she is the friendliest person ever! and sends extra goodies :p haha

It really isn't fair though! I hate buying toys in australia, would hate to think how much worse it would be in NZ

America has incredible toys and pricing!!! It seems foot toys in America are incredibly cheap... You can buy packs of like 20 for 3 dollars.. and in Australia 2 of them cost 5 dollars!! Very weird

Last edited:

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie

Since my baby Bacci died, I try to do something nice for a bird, or a bird cause every month, in his spirit.

I would be honored to send you a toy from New York for your bird. What kind of toys can't you get there. We get just about everything here, so let me know. It will be fun for him to get a gift in the mail :)

Aw, that's so sweet, Birdymomma! What a fantastic legacy for your baby! :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

THANK YOU!!! Reading this gave me goosebumps all over!!! WOW!! What a sweet, thoughtful and heart-warming gesture!! Hats off to you. :D

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

I also got chills from this - what a wonderful way to remember and honour your beloved Bacci:)

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
I have the exact problem here.
Almost no site will ship to the netherlands or the shipping is 3 times a high as what the toys are worth and then i got the customs that come with it.

OP
Freespin

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Nelson - Male Eclectus

Wow that is such an amazing and generous offer! I will private message you and we can sort something out =)

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Awesome Freespin :)
Can't wait to pick something out for your baby :)

Pigletguinea

Nov 29, 2013
New Zealand
Parrots
Alexandrine
I have the same problem living in Auckland! Recently had a holiday to the Bay of Islands, forced my husband to go to TheParrotPlace in KeriKeri so I could stock up on ridiculously priced toys :)

OP
Freespin

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Nelson - Male Eclectus
I have the same problem living in Auckland! Recently had a holiday to the Bay of Islands, forced my husband to go to TheParrotPlace in KeriKeri so I could stock up on ridiculously priced toys :)

Ah yes! My partners mum lives up past kerikeri but last time we went up was around Christmas so dis t get a chance to go and have a look. Do you go to the bird barn? I have found some of their stuff not badly priced but other stuff is still ridiculous!

Most Reactions