Male vrs Female Jardines?

Cinderella

Mar 16, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Hello,
Just looking for some feed back on Males vrs Females. I originally thought I wanted to get a male ( mostly due to the whole possible egg complication someone scared me about) but i found out the baby I was interested in just got the DNA back as female. I was wondering what notable personality and health difference occur between the sexes.

mommietofive

Apr 28, 2013
colorado
Parrots
Jardine, 2 parrotlets
I have a female and absolutely love her. She is quiet and super cuddly. I wondered if a male would bond more with me as I heard males bond better with a woman than with a man and vice versa. Definitely not true with my jardine. She does struggle with wanting to be a one person bird, but I work on socializing her a lot and that does help.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Birds don't bond according to your gender, they can't even tell your a male or female so they could choose like that, they choose someone of there energy and how they are towards the parrot, this being said there is really no difference in male to female jardines. I have met and spent a lot of time with both through rescue and both sexes have been amazing and very neat little guys. So male or female I think you are in for a treat!

Most Reactions