Mango just said good boy

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
I hope he is not a girl lol better get him tested.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
Don't worry, "good boy" will go for you then.
It will work out perfect!
I think Mango is a girl.......:54:...........;)
I am teasing you.....:).......I have no way of knowing....... Just my experience with Marley, nothing else.

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
Mango says hello and good boy clearly. He says other words but I can't make them out. He fits the description if a yellow shoulder to a tee. I think he is going to have a large vocabulary, he just isn't vocal.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Mango is saying a lot already for a Yellow Shouldered Zon.
Marley doesn't say much at all. She whistles (like someone would do for a pretty girls passing by) which followed by a very clear "pretty bird". That's all what I can hear with clarity. Sometimes when Simba get's really loud and talkative (at least once a day), Marley starts mumbling something, but I can't say what she is saying......:)
I think nobody socialized with Marley when she was a baby.
So, keep talking to Mango.....you will get all of it back, I am sure.

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
Marley might know more than you hear. That's what I heard about yellow shoulders. They are really smart and pick up words but don't have much to say.

Mango is a pretty quiet bird for the most part and only vocalizes if I'm leaving the room or if I'm playing music.

LoryLover

Jan 1, 2013
Southern California
Parrots
Chattering Lory, 18yrs old (Sweet Pea)
It's neat when we hear them say a new word or phrase! For 9 years we thought our lory was a boy and it learned to say "silly boy"... then it laid an egg and we realized we had a girl bird, not a boy bird, lol. Six years has passed since that time and Sweet Pea still says "silly boy"... I correct her to "silly girl"... but nope, she's stuck on saying "boy", lol.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
You are absolutely right.
Marley was super quiet before I had Simba in the house.
She would get excited and scream, whistle, fan her tail and pin her eyes only when male person would enter my house. She would just be super quiet all other times.
She does almost the same excitement routine now when Simba is in the entertaining mood. Also she does it when I play the sound of the wild YSAs audio I found on the web. I always want to cry when I play this audio for her. I think she wants to check behind the screen of my computer to see if her family is there....... :(
Here is this clip of audio if you are interested to play it for your Mango.
ML: ML 109267: Yellow-shouldered Parrot

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
Mango likes music with repetitive beats like dance music. He really gets into it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts