Mango update

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
I called the owner of the store and he said to bring Mango in. He felt his crop and he doesn't believe he swallowed the bell clapper. Also looking at another toy the clapper looked a little big for him to swallow.

The owner of the store did not feel it was necessary to bring him to the vet but just to keep a close eye on him.

Right now Mango looks and acts fine.

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
I found the clapper, it was on the coffee table. He must of tossed it.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
I am almost sure it was not a very peaceful night for you last night, but I am glad everything is back on tracks.
It's best if we learn something without any bad ending, but just through being scared a little.......:)

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
It wasn't very peaceful and it was very upsetting. I bought him promising myself I would never let anything bad happen to him. It was very upsetting to me when my Sun Conure only lived for five years and I had no idea what went wrong. I want Mango to be with me for the rest of my life, I'm 33 so it is very feasible it could happen.

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
Well, let me guess....Mango is not getting any toys with bells anymore......:54:

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
I bought him a foraging wheel instead and cut the bells off the other toys.

OP
Billy29

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
What size should I get for Mango? He is a YSA.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I'd say go with the medium. I have large ones for my flock, and they all play with them, even my Amazons. :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I've got the medium ones and they make plenty of noise!! Best thing is they can't reach the dinger.

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I have the medium as well. It use to be Diego my Illiger's toy and now belongs to Valentino my RFM. Both bird play with it and end up jamming it between the bars of the cage. The cage has large gauge bars and is stainless steel so to get it unstuck I have to hit the part sticking out with my hand to "unjam" it. When I see it is stuck I stare it in in awe wondering how on earth they got it stuck between the bars. It takes a great amount of force for me to unjam it. How do they cram that thing between the bars is can be only a guess from me.

One issue I am having of late is how ROUGH Valentino plays with his bells. He will play with them so hard he smacks himself and has bruised his face. He has not hurt himself with them but I got to wonder???? I know my boy is smart but to hit yourself with your toys....one has got to wonder. LOL

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
one issue i am having of late is how rough valentino plays with his bells. He will play with them so hard he smacks himself and has bruised his face. He has not hurt himself with them but i got to wonder???? I know my boy is smart but to hit yourself with your toys....one has got to wonder. Lol

lololol!!!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I have a yellow nape hen who looks like she knocks her self out with that bell. It;s the funniest thing to watch.

Most Reactions

Latest posts