Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Way back when Bumble was still “future bird,” I was chatting with a parrotlet breeder while on her waiting list. I did something about how tiny they must be when they hatch, and she said, “they’re about the size of a bumblebee.” I immediately responded “I WANT A BUMBLE-BIRD” and then realized that whoever future bird turned out to be, their name was Bumble.

And we lived happily ever after. Here she is in her silly sleeping pose. She honestly sleeps this way every night!

deade26a13e4fb6ac2525f4170186579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wondered how sweet Bumble got her name! She could not be more adorable, and her name is just as precious as she is:)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Way back when Bumble was still “future bird,” I was chatting with a parrotlet breeder while on her waiting list. I did something about how tiny they must be when they hatch, and she said, “they’re about the size of a bumblebee.” I immediately responded “I WANT A BUMBLE-BIRD” and then realized that whoever future bird turned out to be, their name was Bumble.

And we lived happily ever after. Here she is in her silly sleeping pose. She honestly sleeps this way every night!

deade26a13e4fb6ac2525f4170186579.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely pic of Bumble and apt name!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Thank you all for making this such a wonderful month! It has been so much fun learning how your birds got their names, and of course seeing their beautiful pictures. Every one of the entries and the Just For Funs were amazing!

The contest is now closed and the Poll thread is up...make sure to vote for your favourite!

http://www.parrotforums.com/photo-month-contest/84920-march-2020-potm-poll.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions