Status
Not open for further replies.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I’d almost forgot to enter in this competition as I just couldn’t choose what photo of Sunny best potrays the theme of eyes.
Well I’ve finally made a decision.
One of my favourite photos of Sunny, which I think could be captioned as ;

‘All eyes on me’

kRkBL2S.jpg

Or maybe.. if I look cute enough, will you stoke around my eyes pleaseee?

All eyes on him, indeed! What a striking picture! And that expression is just so playful! Love it!

thenamesluna-albums-luna-photos-picture21366-7c2c3c15-30a8-41f9-ab65-71030fd7a6e1.jpeg

Just taken this one of Luna in the garden.
She has been watching wild birds, listening to them & even be a little scared by a couple of pigeons
So it was treat time. And she looks so happy in this one that I think this is her official entry this month, not the last one.

This picture is a moment of perfect contentment, flash frozen in time. Beautiful.

Kermit taking in the outside world.

flybirdiesfly-albums-my-flock-picture21340-9b40c652-be3a-4d95-87fb-d74de8465b38.jpeg

There's just something so freaking charming and playful about Kermit's facial expressions. Always draws a big grin out of me!

Thank you for enlarging (Embedding) her photo Stephen. And yes, she does look like she is looking for affirmation (which she actually does) lol:D

You're most welcome! And I'm still cracking up at that pic!

Kookie

May 22, 2019
Kookie says Hi from a Loquat tree! She loves eating these fruits! Let me know if anyone is interested in seeing a video! ��C4990025-64D0-4514-B651-7FADE61164C9.jpg

22552d1558668134-may-2019-potm-contest-c4990025-64d0-4514-b651-7fade61164c9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Thank you for enlarging (Embedding) her photo Stephen. And yes, she does look like she is looking for affirmation (which she actually does) lol:D

You're most welcome! And I'm still cracking up at that pic![/QUOTE]

LOL, what happened to the photo of Ellie Stephen? I can't see it. Is it my computer? Sometimes I have difficulty and in a couple of days - kaboom, there it appears! Maybe it's delayed because I live in 'the land down-under' LOL

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

LOL, what happened to the photo of Ellie Stephen? I can't see it. Is it my computer? Sometimes I have difficulty and in a couple of days - kaboom, there it appears! Maybe it's delayed because I live in 'the land down-under' LOL[/QUOTE]

The pic of Ellie with a caption of "Would you like fries with that?" I can see it, if you are still having problems, let us know!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Kookie says Hi from a Loquat tree! She loves eating these fruits! Let me know if anyone is interested in seeing a video! 🤗View attachment 22552

Beautiful pic! I'd love to see a video - you can replace it as submission or include it as "just for fun." Your choice!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)

LOL, what happened to the photo of Ellie Stephen? I can't see it. Is it my computer? Sometimes I have difficulty and in a couple of days - kaboom, there it appears! Maybe it's delayed because I live in 'the land down-under' LOL

Hi Scott, I still can't see 'would you like fries with that?". So it is my computer? This happens frequently when people post photos - somehow I can't 'view/see' them until days later??? You can PM me if you wish to instruct me without messing up the flow here lol..:)

Last edited:

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
This is the first photo I ever took of gabby. My neighbor had him in an enclosure that had no toys no shelter and no one to remember that he was there and needs food and water. I picked this photo because he passed away on Christmas 2017 due to a fire at his owner house . And he is already forgotten over there but this photo is framed with some of his feathers in my home as a memory.

22549d1558459555-may-2019-potm-contest-bc754122-c800-4379-9d5c-8f349ba5f798.jpg

This is sad:19::19:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Kookie says Hi from a Loquat tree! She loves eating these fruits! Let me know if anyone is interested in seeing a video! ��View attachment 22552

22552d1558668134-may-2019-potm-contest-c4990025-64d0-4514-b651-7fade61164c9.jpg

This is a gorgeous shot! Downright art. Nice! And I'll second the call for a video! We love those, hereabouts!

Anansi said:

Ellie777Australia said:

Yep, I can still see it as well. Perhaps if you tried switching browsers? I see you've already been addressing this with Scott, so I'll avoid being yet another cook in the kitchen. Lol! But figured I'd throw a quick suggestion out there.

Last edited:
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

So many awesome entries, but there is still time for additional! Contest will close Tuesday May 28 late evening west-coast U.S. time. (UTC -8 hours)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
What an amazing month so far! But it's not over yet! Several hours more to get some last minute entries in there!

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Where did the rain go, human slave? I wasn't finished.
5841bc6bf2046b6781cb58be200a001a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

The contest is now closed, thank you for an amazing month of entries!! Please check back for a poll and be sure to vote for your favorite entry!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Where did the rain go, human slave? I wasn't finished.
5841bc6bf2046b6781cb58be200a001a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hahahahaha! The caption is PERFECT! Lol! I take it you complied?

Do you see what I see?
1d1IoLV.jpg

And a just-for-fun post-shower fluff:
U6IYLI4.jpg

Love these! Cairo sky-gazing, followed up by him looking like a plush toy!

Such amazing entries! This is going to be one of the toughest months yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions