LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
At the risk of over-exposing this photo, here is my entry for this months competition.

Lord Jim aka AmyMyBlueFront absolutely nailed it with his observation that he saw mischief in Lillyā€™s eyes! She is the most hyperactive, maniacal, utter utter nutter we have ever had in our household but when she fixes you with those eyes you canā€™t help but melt and go ā€œawwww isnā€™t she cuteā€ just as she fuzzes up and launches another attack!

Mischief thy name is Lilly Pilly!

lamanuka-albums-mars-birds-picture21330-img-0203-2.jpg

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
At the risk of over-exposing this photo, here is my entry for this months competition.

Lord Jim aka AmyMyBlueFront absolutely nailed it with his observation that he saw mischief in Lillyā€™s eyes! She is the most hyperactive, maniacal, utter utter nutter we have ever had in our household but when she fixes you with those eyes you canā€™t help but melt and go ā€œawwww isnā€™t she cuteā€ just as she fuzzes up and launches another attack!

Old pic but one of my favorites.

nike2-6-16-5crestsm.JPG

Gabby locked eyes with Lilly and saw an instant friend!

Nike never fails to astonish with patchwork beauty!!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Thank you Scott, but did Gabby see a ā€œfriendā€ or a ā€œpartner in crimeā€??

Minor_Arcana

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2018
Media
Iowa
Parrots
Lexa - 4 year old ā€˜tiel
Zephyr - 2 year old quaker
I know this is a stupid question....but...

Does anyone know how to attach a photo to a text post to submit to POTM? Thanks! :D

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I know this is a stupid question....but...

Does anyone know how to attach a photo to a text post to submit to POTM? Thanks! :D

If I understand correctly you mean smartphone direct upload? Click on Post Reply, and look in the grey box above the area you type inside. A bit to the right of the Fonts and Sizes windows is an Attachments icon that looks like a paper clip. (hover cursor to locate if needed) Click and a Manage Attachments box opens to upper left. From there you can choose a file or upload an url. First time you post, the upper horizontal status bar will be green; each pic you post changes the bar red starting at the left side until memory is filled. Beyond that, you can post images free of charge from Imgur or other hosting site.

TheNamesLuna

Jul 30, 2018
UK
Parrots
Pineapple Conure hatched sometime April 2018
I had a budgie for 13 years who died in 2014
Luna in the garden today.
She looks like sheā€™s saying ā€˜if I hides behind this leaf then you canā€™t sees meā€™!

thenamesluna-albums-luna-photos-picture21347-1e9b197f-412e-4e04-b28f-288929b35fb2.jpeg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The number of truly great entries as we approach the mid-point of the month is clearly defining this month as one that choosing will be very difficult. But, since we are just coming to the mid-point, I'm certain there are more coming.

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
I hope Syd is saying this but suspect it's more like 'Watcha want?'

t00tsyd-albums-syd-picture21348-capture.jpg

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Ahhh, what a lineup of competition for Ellie :D...these photos are spectacular.

Ok, we're in....I'm working on her debut album starting with this competition lol.:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
You have a very beautiful macaw. :)

Here is a picture just for fun as I already entered my cockatiel. Jacob closing his eyes thinking "I'm so pretty" it may not have to do with a parrots gaze but I found it fitting as it still has to do with the eyes.
i_m_so_pretty_by_valyndris_dc6s7nf-fullview.jpg

Jacob is quite correct! Pretty indeed! And VERY fitting!

"I can't believe you left me during bath time!"
So much for a green cheek, it looks like I have a black-capped conure! He stopped bathing himself when I left the room to grab my phone and this was the look he gave me when I took a picture of his spiky head. Gotta say, it's one of my new favorites.
dKoVjHU.jpg

Hahaha! One of mine as well! That look is hilarious... and not even remotely subtle! Lol!

Poli "Parrot Gangsta", Cytrynka's "would-be" mate.

Hahahahaha! "Parrot Gangsta"! Definitely a tough guy! I wouldn't try crossing him!

Well! I am stunned at your diva-irreverence (although grateful for the beautiful closeup). As for the full crop... well... it is the great equalizer, isn't it? That which is human is quickly judged and rendered. :)

Lol! Yes, my irreverence was summarily punished as all culinary adornments to her beak were ultimately relocated to my shirt sleeve. Sigh...

Ha! The crop as the great equalizer! I love it!

Tucker only has eyes for his Daddy. :-D

41ea2e7907e712e09f51e4be85d24769.jpg

Just for fun...

If ever there was a boy with eyes that looked straight into my soul, it was my Patches. He so loved to pose for pictures too! I miss him every day.

20e281566e8654a65c2df4212a0a048a.jpg

I'm so glad you put these two pics together. You've been blessed with two uniquely beautiful bonds. Even from this distance, I fell in love with both of your little guys. And we miss Patches too!

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
This photo of the Rickeybird isn't new but I think it will be good for the theme. I call it the Evil Eye. Two of them, actually. Menacing little angel isn't he?
pCVw2Qn.jpg

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Jack asking for scritches

Bingo looking for a bite of human flesh

Lola and Molly asking, ā€œWhat did you bring us?ā€

Ah, Huckleberry! I always look forward to pics of your flock! And WTH?!? Your chicks have grown!!! Has it been that long since you last showed us pics??? I forgot how swiftly birds grow at first! miss a week or two, miss a lot! They're beautiful!

Tough guy showing his muscle with little guy. Ha :D
tami2-albums-levi-picture21124-levi-plush.jpg

Hahahahaha! I so love this pic! A whole story contained within one image!

My...chicky...chickie... chikie.... :rolleyes:
LPoAWL7QOO4HWNJ2mWMD4uQ7dZYn0Xf-6zR1EXQ7LHlnSxGSGdCmF0x9a6bcIXSgHLBH1hjALj3QK4W4PMi13sx1Kz18p_7jcx-f-KsPldq5vHPQYXnE-uJvoewwMQBJgd29ZDDRYfz48kUJGx7_TmnIQZXmXrvvcFA17SS25AKNwY6dRgVAZqRzFe7xD93ZDeFyxKuwI_pNn9qgy7OwLWu-jgsH0uns0x953-SQn9WSSxbMCoNI40UwQSc6zBDhWo_nPXDroWRfx19iMttn8VYhLF7nO-O2G_rCMuzVhUqX1eu7WWTEZIN0ck6moTwQcdSxZbOpv7vp9xctkJzlTOLzacEA9GgZrdd-8ezUaKWG50HdlyGkaUUPN673g_8wVA-8Jf9YJPjnd65IazBZFLNk5NeaTHh6FLFgl37x_xC4d1hl_R968dMweWggUQR5wFIR3VilxkaahWFY4kf4SeOCVZmAEZOSKQ_D463hk2nnBg6rcK0i5IyFFzR1wk-Z26F3KV8flIRUzrcW-QUCwoT5BZhfneyAJTBWNYNIfEKzCvG-_C_LrxXrJctkWzgl1FGcakCCQHyl6qCmsZIHcBCYVX6nxDjMspWOXv0bsapC1ifdLWIU-zJLhFKcj_TI-UwWeCMwbNV2pC3HQt3FAOPLd61zc2M=w743-h557-no

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HXgD8R8kiLqWrFvaA

Now THAT's a diva pose if ever I've seen one! I love it!!!

This is a JustForFun post. It's a wild Rickeybird chick in Patagonia... an Alamy stock photo, so I don't know anything about the circumstances. I just fell in love with this juvenile-dark-eyed, dreamy-faced little chick. The gaze is so helpless, so clueless, so... deep and fathomless and... hopeful? Well, *I* hope the world showed it some good things.
V1MB7nz.png

Wow, that is straight innocence right there. Beautiful!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
silly selfie....
2i75wyo.jpg

I love that this focuses on the eyes of parrot and parront both! Sweet photo bomb, Noodles! The laughter is as evident in those eyes as on that beak! And nice to put a face (even part of one) to the name, Noodles' Mom!

Melvin, who adores inanimate objects. :yellow1:
jenypher-albums-cockatiels-picture21345-best-bird-friend.jpg

This cracks me up! Melvin seems at once taken aback and drawn to the mysterious blue object before him.

Damn, but Lilly is a beautiful bird! One of the most strikingly so I've seen. And the mischief in those eyes only adds to the allure.

Old pic but one of my favorites.
nike2-6-16-5crestsm.JPG

This pic NEVER gets old for me, Bill! Nike is beautiful with that crest display and she knows it!

Luna in the garden today.
She looks like sheā€™s saying ā€˜if I hides behind this leaf then you canā€™t sees meā€™!
thenamesluna-albums-luna-photos-picture21347-1e9b197f-412e-4e04-b28f-288929b35fb2.jpeg

I'm always a sucker for a peek-a-boo pic! Love it! Luna seems such a sweetheart.

I hope Syd is saying this but suspect it's more like 'Watcha want?'
t00tsyd-albums-syd-picture21348-capture.jpg

While I think the love is definitely implied and goes without saying, I can see the "Whatcha want?" quite clearly in that shot! Lol!

This photo of the Rickeybird isn't new but I think it will be good for the theme. I call it the Evil Eye. Two of them, actually. Menacing little angel isn't he?
pCVw2Qn.jpg

Hahahaha! We fans of the RB's exploits know the Evil Eye well, though thankfully not the way you do, Rival!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions