May have to censure my TV viewing

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I admit, I like adult drama shows, particularly crime drama. Well, tonight I was watching Criminal Minds, which is usually about serial killers. Then I realized Pete was watching it, too. However, he was giggling at different things that were happening, which weren't really funny, but I guess to him they were. Then when the bad guy got away by driving right through a garage door, he yelled, "Woo!"

I hope I'm not warping their innocent little minds when I watch stuff like this!

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
rofl!! Sounds like me worrying about my youngest son who likes to dress up as Darth Vader, only will play the Horde (world of warcraft) cause he likes being evil things in games like ghouls!

I keep telling myself he will grow out of it, for some reason the bad guys tend to have better toys!

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
TOO FUNNY! I have to take bleu out of the room when I watch a thriller or horror (not very often lol) because if a girl screams... Bleu does too.. then he chuckles and steals my popcorn....

lizardsmells

Dec 2, 2011
Eastern panhandle of WV
Parrots
Kazi - 13 yr old yellow nape amazon rescue
That is hilarious! I laughed out loud at Pete! Kazi hasn't seemed to pick anything up from the TV, but admittedly it's not usually on until late afternoon. He has picked up something, but I have no idea from where, so it could be from TV. Earlier today he was saying what sounded like an old man going "ohyeahohyeahohyeah" over and over again. I was cracking up and asked him where he got that from but he wasn't answering.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Hi all ,
What a hilarious topic !! I just had to add my own story....
Years ago I had a amazon named Mikey and he had a very extensive vocabulary , which , in the end , got me in trouble , lolol.
I was in my early teenager years out on the deck of our backyard pool minding my own business when I see two police officers coming between the houses looking in our windows and sort of acting weird like they didnt want to be seen. Me being a typical teenage girl , screeched and grabbed a towel. They jumped as well and asked me if I was alone and if anyone was in the house. I said I am alone , my mother is next door at the neighbors house , and why ?
At that moment , my amazon yelled , "help". They both jumped up by the window and told me to get down. I was looking at them like they had both cracked up , I asked why , laughing because I new it was Mikey yelling . They found the noise was coming from one of the rooms facing the pool , it was my bedroom and Mikey was in there.
As soon as they poked their heads in that window , Mikey said "whatcha doing" , then laughed his usual laugh . I thought I was going to fall over , lololol. I pointed the cage out to them and called to Mikey and he answered hello . Just then my Mother came flying into the yard when seeing the cop car out front , she was yelling my name when she finally saw the three of us looking into the bedroom window and me , laughing hysterically and the police officers looking barely amused. I found out my other next door neighbor who spoke Italian and little English called the police because he thought I was yelling "help" ! lololol. Good old Sam , watching out for me :)
The police left and both my Mother and I and Mikey were laughing incontrollably. I will never forget this as long as I live :)

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Puck likes to laugh at the most inappropriate moments...

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Criminal Minds is definitely more violent than Law and Order. Pete has gotten upset about people on that show screaming. But, last night he was laughing over people getting blown away with a gun and falling to the ground. And I was like, oh geez, maybe I should only watch shows like this after they are in bed. My Nanday has learned words and phrases from TV, but I have not caught her giggling over serial killers hunting people down. Pete found it quite funny every time someone got killed. Hopefully it was just the sound of the gun, or people falling down he thought was funny; I hope I haven't created a bird with a twisted mind!

BeemersMomma

Dec 11, 2011
Well my Beemer says so much I have had her for a short time she had allot to say when I got her.. She says Come here little boy and What up Dog no bad words but whe she is doing somethung she should not be doing and I tell her NO she yells screw you screw you

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Merlin loves to make farting noises and belches. I'm waiting to see if they all start doing it!

I'm glad none of mine say, "Screw you!" How embarrassing. Rowdy has told people to "Go to H..." And she learned it from soap operas it turned out. I was like, why is my bird saying that when I don't say that? Then I figured it out. She also told me a few weeks ago that she's "Going to get hooked up." I'm 43 so that's not part of my vocabulary and she hasn't been exposed to a lot of teens, so that likely came from TV as well.

Well, Pete can watch the Super Bowl today. He likes to cheer when football teams score. Of course it goes past their bedtime, but he will get to see a good portion of it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts