May POTM Contest...with a TWIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
We're doing something a bit different for May. Instead of a photo of the month, we're looking for VIDEOS! :D
Please keep the clips short. No longer than 90 seconds if possible.
No more than one (1) entry per member.
Formats accepted (and readily viewable) are YouTube and Photobucket uploads.
The Winner will receive a FREE one (1) year Premium Membership, and the winning video will be on the Forum's Homepage for the month of June.
Keep it child friendly, please. We have a large amount of junior members. ;)
Here is an example (not an entry)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW0687uMDgw"]Niko - YouTube[/ame]​
Submissions will be accepted from today, May 1st through Thursday, May 28th.
A public Poll will determine the winner. (Poll will be open from May28th through May 30th.)
The Winner will be announced June 1st.
Have fun, and Good Luck! :)

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Great idea!
Is there a specific topic to the videos or can it be anything? (I understand they have to feature our bird/s, but you know what I mean)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Great idea!
Is there a specific topic to the videos or can it be anything? (I understand they have to feature our bird/s, but you know what I mean)

Nope, no topic (this time), as long as the clip is featuring your fid(s). :) Depending on how this goes, we may do it again WITH a specific topic in mind next time. :D

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Sounds like fun! :)
If people like it enough, would it be possible to have a photo contest as well as a video contest? (Both monthly)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Woo Hoo, phenomenal idea for a contest!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Sounds like fun! :)
If people like it enough, would it be possible to have a photo contest as well as a video contest? (Both monthly)

Depending on the turnout - maybe. We'd have to get it approved by Admin first. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I can't wait to see the entries this month! I better stock up on popcorn:)

Dec 14, 2014
Parrots
R.I.P Kiwiberry, GCC.
Make some extra for me, will you?

Wendy; I hope it'll be as good (or better) as it sounds, so that we can hopefully have two contest :)

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
How do you submit - do you just post them here? :)

ShaunaR

Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pixie the White Bellied Caique
This is Pixie so very interested in "helping" me with knitting.....and will not be ignored!!
[ame="https://youtu.be/feD3BPwHvek"]Caique learning to knit - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
LOLOL!!!! "Knit one...purl one...knit one...aw, to heck with it! How do I tear this thing apart?!?!"
:D

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
This is just for fun...I posted this a few months ago in the Caique section.

On the day I got my iPhone6, I was goofing around with it (boys and toys, ya know). I wondered how the slo-mo video function worked. I noticed Henry keeping a vigilant watch on the backyard, so I called him over and hit "record." Not only did he come over, he landed right on the phone (presumably, he assumed it was a great new toy that I wasn't sharing).

Enjoy!

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AZs2Lhq5ZNGa4

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
If these two videos are an indication of this month's contest, we'll need to hire a panel of judges, none of us will ever be able to choose just one video.

Shauna, I can't stop laughing at your little knitter. Adorable!

Derek, thank you for posting Henry demonstrating the beauty of flight.

Brisch

Jul 26, 2012
British Columbia Canada
Parrots
I have a Cinnamon GCC (Honey)
and a BCC (Conrad)AKA Connie
GCC (Jinx)
3x Goffin2 (Liam)(Mya)(Goose)
2x B&G Macaw (Cozzy)(Blue)
OMG I HAVE SOOOOOO MANY VIDEOS!
[ame="https://youtu.be/gkXX2UPzA0c"]myo dances like no ones watching - YouTube[/ame]

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This is just for fun...I posted this a few months ago in the Caique section.

On the day I got my iPhone6, I was goofing around with it (boys and toys, ya know). I wondered how the slo-mo video function worked. I noticed Henry keeping a vigilant watch on the backyard, so I called him over and hit "record." Not only did he come over, he landed right on the phone (presumably, he assumed it was a great new toy that I wasn't sharing).

Enjoy!

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2AZs2Lhq5ZNGa4

What an awesome slow-mo clip, Derek!!! Henry's wiggly butt during flight had me LMAO!! :D

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I'm surprised this hasn't gone viral on YouTube, Brisch!!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh my gosh, the videos so far are amazing! First Pixie trying to knit, then Henry flying oh so gracefully, and now Mya really getting down...this is going to be the hardest month ever to pick.

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
On the contrary...I think Mya dances like EVERYBODY is watching!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts