May POTM Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyYellowBird

Apr 14, 2014
Thanks for the nice comments. Erik was nervous at first and didn't want to leave my shoulder, but after a few minutes he settled down and sat on the branch quite happily. I am looking forward to taking him out more. I will keep you all informed of his travels!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Erik is such a cutie! He looked quite intrigued by the flowers in front of him:)

FluffyYellowBird

Apr 14, 2014
He usually does his Sun Conure Scream at anything he doesn't like, but he was surprisingly quiet and quite relaxed in the garden.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Bixby looks gorgeous!!! He is so beautiful I hardly noticed the flowers behind him, hard to tear my eyes away from the Incredible Hulk:)

Thanks, Terry! Hahaha! And Bixby can certainly hold a grudge like the Incredible Hulk, I'll tell you that much! Turns out he's still not a fan of the harness, despite all his months away from it and the past few weeks of conditioning. He gave me the cold shoulder for quite a while after I brought him in! Lol!

Love the pictures of the 2 "first timers" Erik and Bixby! Hope both of these very handsome boys have many further adventures outdoors:D Do have to say Erik looks slightly confused, but totally excited. And I'm sure with time, Bixby will learn to release his death grip of his daddy's hand.[/QUOTE

Thanks, April! And I hope you're right about that death grip. Turns out my boy has a lot more strength in those talons than I'd thought!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Thanks, April! And I hope you're right about that death grip. Turns out my boy has a lot more strength in those talons than I'd thought!

I'm sure Bixby will get used to his harness and the outdoors over time:) Remember, our pampered babies sit on 'pedicure perches' and have rope swings and sleep in 'cozy huts' at night. A tree or bush is completely foreign and unnatural for them, and probably quite scary until they learn it's not going to eat them:) I hope his grip loosens up too, their talons are strong AND sharp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts