Mealy Amazon?

OP
nofearengineer

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Thank you Spiritbird.

I definitely do a lot of soul searching. Not a day goes by that I don't run through the entire litany of thoughts:

1. I want another bird so badly.
2. No you don't...you just want Gandalf back.
3. It would be good for you to have another buddy to take care of.
4. Wouldn't it be good for you to try something different (stop being a hermit!), instead of clinging to memories?
5. What if the next bird turns out to not be as cute or smart as Gandalf? Will you be as good of a parront to it then?
6. What if you get attached to this one and then it dies too?
7. See #1 again.

I'm pretty sure I've lost my mind. LOL

Yada, yada, yada...so go my days.

Thanks for listening to me rant. :D

I will know when I spend some time with a bird if it's going to be right.

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I think you're right...you'll know when you meet the bird.

When you lose a loved pet, it's sometimes makes sense to get another species/breed. I was very connected to our Miniature Schnauzer. When he died of old age, I couldn't get another Schnauzer. It just didn't feel good to me. We chose another breed...
That's not to say you won't be a good guardian for another Grey, or any other bird, for that matter. You'll be great, whatever you choose to get this time. If the Mealy is right, it will feel right. Just be open to it, and listen to what your heart tells you!:)

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
The best thing to do when you are confused and have so many thoughts in your head is to do nothing. As a hopsice nurse we advise people who lose a loved one (a bird too) to wait a year before making any important deisions. Mabye you could find a volunteer job with a bird rescue in the meantime. It does not sound like you can wait that long.

OP
nofearengineer

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
Spiritbird,

You might be wiser than you think. I just found out the Mealy is over 3 hours away. So it would basically eat up a whole day and $100 in gas, just to see what she's like. I had to pass. I think I will just take your advice and wait some more.

Bobby, you're right...she is a pretty girl. I hope she finds a good home.

Most Reactions

Latest posts