Meegosh found a new hang out spot

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
So I am surfing and have my feet on the desk Meegosh hopped down my leg to sit on the end of my foot. He was bouncing up and down for a little bit so I think he likes that spot.:p

My best side mom.
IMG_6054_zpsfkz7krtr.jpg

Top of the world ma......
IMG_6056_zpshcrbqsbk.jpg

Shining star.....just love how the flash caught just him.
IMG_6055_zpsuv50vrhg.jpg

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hmm....if I didn't know any better I'd say that little colorful guy captured your heart in a nano second. :D

He made himself RIGHT at home, didn't he Laura, as if he'd always been there. :D

Awesome pictures!!!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Handsome guy :) Don't you love him !!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I believe you found a new besty, lol. What a cutie!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
What an adorable little character Meegosh is! :D ...and his colors are so beautiful.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Megoosh is so handsome! Seems he really loves your home (and your comfy slipper!).

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
You guys are missing out on Caiques [I tell ya :)]

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I want more birds but Husband has said no. I'm trying to respect his wishes.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Omigosh!!! How adorable. I love these pictures

EAI

Jul 25, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Parrots
Budgerigar: Arrow, Esther, Kratos, Cora, Ducky.

Lovebird: Izzy, Gizmo.
First of all, that name is so precious :) !!!

I'm so glad you two ended up together, it looks like he wouldn't want it any other way lol.

Irishj9

Nov 20, 2011
Media
Parrots
11 caiques, 24 lovebirds
Yes he is gorgeous. And he WILL eat your slipper. Especially those lovely pink laces lol

JP

Last edited:

GreatBlue320

May 5, 2015
Parrots
Baxter - Illiger's Macaw (hatch date 5.1.15);

Taylor - Black capped Conure (RIP 3.14.15 - miss you every day little "Girlie")
He is SUCH a handsome guy! And he looks quite pleased with himself for finding his new hangout spot.

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Yes he is gorgeous. And he WILL eat your slipper. Especially those lovely pink laces lol

JP

Can I just say that I would love to spend a few hours at your house watching 11 caiques play!:eek: What a riot that must be! Do they all play well together? How many are BHC? Do you breed them? How much of a difference do you see between the black headed and the white belled?
When I was younger I fed quite a few of the WBC because my breeder friend had two pairs but she didn't have the black headed at all.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Laura, Meegosh looks so smug sitting there on your slipper! What a cute little character, I want to hold him.

Go ahead, smack me, but I must ask, where are Aldwin, Fin, Nelwyn, Madmartigan, and the rest?

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Sorsha, Fin Raziel, Vohnkar and Queen Bavmorda...I know right...how very temping. I don't know if he is normal for a BHC due to his past but I am just completely charmed by this little guy! Got my second big order from MSBS and his cage is really tricked out now.:D

He surfs his head and upper body ALL over me then gets so excited he gives me a little love nip and LAUGHS, he is a character that's for certain!

If you look at his pictures doesn't it look like they took the bust of a much larger bird and set it on top of little tiny bow legged bird? He cracks me up!

Last edited:
OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
And no I won't smack you because even my husband was like wouldn't it be cute to have a bunch of these!:p Don got home last night and said hello to Meegosh before he said hi to ME!:rolleyes:

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
What a cutie he is! I can see why he won your heart! :D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I love how Meegosh has made himself right at home, Laura. I can practically feel your excitement right through the posts. Seems like you've both bonded instantly.

What is he like? Playful? Cuddly?

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
He is reserved with his playing right now, he had no real toys in his old life so everything is new and maybe a little overwhelming since I went crazy giving him lots of fun stuff. :eek: There are just so many cute options in toys and stuff for the little guys.

He loves to be on me and body surfs all over my hands and arms. He also will sit quietly on Don's shoulder for up to an hour while he is on the computer. He doesn't fly that I have seen though he is fully flighted. Today twice he made his way down his cage legs and came waddling over to find me.:D

I have not gotten his tests back yet so he is still in the studio in quarantine but I am looking forward to playing with him on a soft surface like the beds or couch since I have heard that they like softer surfaces to play on and hop.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts