Meeko The Caique Intro

Meekmeister

Oct 30, 2016
Florida
Parrots
Meeko a male 6 year old white-bellied caique
Hello! I have been with my bird Meeko for over a year, he is 6 years old, I got him from a previous home through a family (family who reached out to me knowing I have had birds in the past) friend who could not take care of him anymore. I still am learning about Meeko and his antics.
Meeko is a white-bellied caique with a very energetic personality! He loves most people , spends most of his time outside of his cage playing and preening. He screams EXACTLY like a fire alarm (something we are working on) and I am currently looking into rescues to attempt to get Meeko a new friend before I move out.
Some smaller details, his diet is mainly Harrisons organic pellets, I am still working on getting him into more fruits in veggies, he was never introduced to them in his last home. He has plenty of enrichment toys and I am still getting him plenty more!
I'll be sharing info and asking LOTS of questions to help me give Meeko the life he has always deserved.
~Holly & Meeko :)

Attachments

• Meeko.jpg
    Meeko.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 186

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hello, Meekmeister, Meekarama, Meekalodeon, Meekalicious!

Glad you found us!

What a beauty...

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oh, he has troublemaker written all over him. Cute, like all caiques are

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Welcome Holly & Meeko! Boy, he is a cutie!
I'm so happy you joined us and I can't wait to hear more about Meeko:) Keep the pictures coming too, we LOVE pictures here!

JBassset

Oct 18, 2016
Boise
Parrots
3 year old GC Conure
13 year old B&G Macaw
I got to meet a Caique for the first time this past weekend and fell hard for him. (But not his $1,200 price tag) Very playful and full of energy.

That is one cute bird.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Caiques are the bestest little dancers...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF7gk10jgEw"]Parrot dancing riverdance - YouTube[/ame]

Most Reactions