Meet Shiva

emmyc

Dec 31, 2011
Waterford, Ireland
Parrots
Male Quaker Parrot 'Harry', and
Female Soloman Island Eclectus 'Ava'
This is my 8 month old female OWA. Before I got her she had spent 2 months in a pet shop being poked at, and barked at by the owners dog so she was quite distrustful at first, and its only in the last week or so that she has started to relax. She still doesnt like to be touched but is slowly coming round. She says hello and whistles a bit.

P1000135.jpg

This is her with Harry my quaker parrot watching from the top of his cage
P1000038.jpg

Yellownape

Dec 19, 2011
CT
Parrots
Yellow Nape Amazon
She is really gorgeous! I am sure with time youand her will build a close bond and she will trust you completely. We have tons of those Quaker/Monk Parakeets living wild in the neighborhood. They are noisy but I love them and they come to the feeders all winter long. We have had over a dozen at a time feeding together. They do keep the other birds from coming but they don't stick around for long usually.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I have such a soft spot for OWAs, aren't they great fids.They are the loyalist of amazons.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
OP
emmyc

emmyc

Dec 31, 2011
Waterford, Ireland
Parrots
Male Quaker Parrot 'Harry', and
Female Soloman Island Eclectus 'Ava'
LOL thanks for that, and thanks everyone for the nice comments :)

Most Reactions