Meet Sunny

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
This is Sunny (or Sonny?) who was supposed to be Betty, but they discovered that she was a he. So now he's Sunny (or Sonny). We don't know how old he is, because the rescue didn't have that information. His previous owner passed away, which is how he ended up in rescue. He will climb right up to your shoulder and loves scritches, but hates to be put back in the cage. So stepping up OFF the shoulder can be a bit of a challenge.

IMG_20140212_144520_939-1.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Sunny (Sonny) is beautiful! do you know how old he is? So happy you brought him home, he must have been so confused and sad after losing his previous parront:(

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Simba (Blue & Gold Macaw); Cosmo (Blue Quaker); Blue (Blue IRN); Mattie (Green Quaker)
No, she didn't know the age. She said they can only tell if they're really young or really old. So this one is middle aged?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That makes sense:)
How long had he been in the rescue before you took him home?

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
That makes sense:)
How long had he been in the rescue before you took him home?

You know, I never thought to ask. I'll find that out. Now I'm curious. :D

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Ok, found out that he was only in rescue for a couple of months.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Good...I am glad he was not there for too long. I am excited to see your updates about him:)

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
he is just gorgeous! he is lucky now to have a forever home, and you are lucky to have him!

OP
B

BruceV

Oct 20, 2013
S.E. Michigan
Parrots
Yep, I think we're going to do just fine. :)

And we found out that the reason they know he's a male is that he sings and talks. Apparently the females only make small whistling sounds while males actually sing songs. (?) At any rate, yesterday he whistled Pop Goes The Weasel. We were in a different room and heard it coming from his room. It was hilarious.

Last edited:

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
What a cutie pie. My tiel hates being in his cage too, unless there's someone in the room sitting right next to him. He enjoys watching us and calling to us.

Enjoy your new tiel and thanks for rescuing him.

aether-drifter

Jan 12, 2013
Portland, OR
And we found out that the reason they know he's a male is that he sings and talks. Apparently the females only make small whistling sounds while males actually sing songs. (?) At any rate, yesterday he whistled Pop Goes The Weasel. We were in a different room and heard it coming from his room. It was hilarious.

That's adorable! It's true, female tiels usually do not sing or talk, though there are some unusual ones who didn't read the manual and do both. I would say 95% of the time, though, a tiel that can whistle an actual tune is male.

Most Reactions

Latest posts