Meet the new guy

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations Shirre! Bandit is a darling little guy! I'm so happy he found a new home with you. Sounds like he's won over everyone but Chili, she probably thinks Bandit is an assassin sent to replace her.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
Sounds like he's won over everyone but Chili,
She'll come around. My galah used to completely ignore the weiros like she didn't even see them there. Since then, they've "talked" through the bars. One day, they'll be firm friends.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
It's so amazing to have a new little one come into the family and have them adjust so well- I was just all smiles seeing him playing guitar with bandit on his shoulder [emoji173]️ He can't do that with Chili- she's too fascinated by the guitar and messes with it, so then he's too distracted to play (she's a busy body!)

My son had two (maybe three) tantrums/meltdowns yesterday because nobody was letting him hold the new birdy- feeding him was just not enough lol We'll have to work up to that....

Who, by the way, figured out what every latch/knob on the outside of the cage does [emoji33] I need more baby gates.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Shirre, Bandit is gorgeous! What a wonderful addition to your flock!! And I am thrilled that he and Sam have bonded - that should make the next addition an easier sell:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Good Morning, Beautiful Bandit, and a warm welcome to your new family!

I love that photo!

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
Morning Bandit! lol did you take your pretty pills! Such a beautiful boy you have there Shirre!!!!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Looky who let me give him scritches!!! [emoji173]️ made my heart skip a beat- sweet little guy!

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
lol That didn't take long!!

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Lol I know! I wasn't expecting it either- I walked over to check on him and he waddled over and bowed his head, so I just went for it lol

DoodlesMom

Nov 25, 2014
Phoenix,Arizona
Parrots
GCC >Doodle
Thatz record time for settling in!! Bandits just schmoozed right in! he's beautiful, I haven't seen a male 'tiel without the cheek patches before. I take it Chili still thinks Bandit is a soul sucker-upper?

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Chili is still terrified of him....AND she's ignoring me lol [emoji57] I'm sure she'll get over it in a day or two

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Shirre! Bandit is beautiful!!! I've always thought this mutation of the cockatiel the most breathtaking. And he's loveable on top of everything else? Sweet!

Tangie

May 10, 2013
Maine
Parrots
Kiko; A cockatiel.
Tangie; My beloved Sun Conure who passed away in May 2013
He's so gorgeous<3 I've always loved the Whiteface Cockatiel colors the best. He's so lucky that he has you for an owner!
For some reason I've always had very difficult Cockatiels, and I've never had very friendly ones. But yours sounds very friendly already. ^.^

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
He has his little quirks- he can be stubborn and will "argue" about stepping up to go back in his cage, but gives in after a couple times of me asking. He's "all bark and no bite" lol

Oh and he has a thing for towels lol earlier I was putting a towel on the floor by his cage and he started singing to it hahaha!

I have a feeling he's going to be quite the character once he settles in to his new surroundings [emoji57]

He got a bath earlier- which he loved!

kalypso123

Aug 16, 2014
Media
Tallahassee, Florida
Parrots
Cockatiel- Kalypso
I noticed you have budgies. Does Chili get along with the budgies? Do the budgies like Bandit and vice versa? I love white faced tiels. Almost brought one home a couple months ago. His/her name was Convict(or thats what we were going to name it anyways lol).

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Chili acts like the budgies don't exist- and the budgies only care about what they're doing lol. Bandit seems to want to hang out on their cage for the company, but they think he's going to eat them[emoji57]

Apparently he not only loves towels, but laundry in general- he HAD to sit on my shoulder and serenade the laundry as I folded it LOL and I heard him say "pretty boy" or "pretty bird"- could be either, or both. It's not very clear, but I could hear it!

Most Reactions