Meet Walter!!!

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
We went to the bird store intending to bring home an old Amazon, but walked out with a completely different bird. This is Walter, a 6 year old BHC whose owners abandoned there. They brought him in to board, but never came back for him. Walter waited a month for his owners to return before he was put up for sale.

Walter was the staff's favorite, and we can see why! He's packed full of personality and loves to hang out with everyone!

So, heeere's Walter!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Walter is just BEAUTIFUL!!!! :D You can NEVER got wrong with a Caique, they are such awesome, playful, sweet and cuddly birds.

I am so happy for all of you, but especially for Walter. :) He's a lucky birdy that you and your son found him.

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
He is very lovely. Congrats.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Walter is gorgeous (and I love his name!)
How on earth can people just abandon their pet? But at least they left him where he was being taken care of - and where you could find him! Congratulations:)

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Oh wow, what an awesome little guy!!! The Karens took the words right outta my beak!...........now you need another one ;)

OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Okay, people, you have to stop encouraging me! It's extremely dangerous for me to go into the bird store as it is, and now you're telling me I should go back and get another one????

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
While Walter's story is heartbreaking, I can't tell you how happy I am that he's found the right home! He's certainly a handsome young man, and I look forward to hearing more about him as he settles in to his new and well-deserved happy life!

Derek

PS If I had one shred of decency, I wouldn't immediately chime in and echo thekarens recommendation that you get another caique. Sadly, I actually don't have a shred of decency. Not even a molecule. And therefore... ;)

OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Oh, you're all SOOOO bad!! Geez!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I vote for another one as well..great idea Karen:)

OP
Gizmomania

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
I'm feeling ganged up on here. LOL! ;-)

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
Not that I agree with the abandonment, but at least the people who abandoned him placed him in good hands so he was well taken care off instead of just letting him go to fend for himself for which he would have either been a meal or starved to death. He is beautiful, and so happy you were able to adopt him. Who knows what the people to gave him up was going through. Maybe the owner died while the bird was being boarded. At any rate, he was well taken care of.

dskidd

Dec 6, 2012
Parrots
Eliza -- Black Headed Caique
Henry -- White-Bellied Caique
Not that I agree with the abandonment, but at least the people who abandoned him placed him in good hands so he was well taken care off instead of just letting him go to fend for himself for which he would have either been a meal or starved to death. He is beautiful, and so happy you were able to adopt him. Who knows what the people to gave him up was going through. Maybe the owner died while the bird was being boarded. At any rate, he was well taken care of.

That's an excellent point--thank you for writing this.

Derek

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
Aw, what a neat story. However, I'd have to go back and get the old Amazon, too!

Congratulations on your new family member!

Most Reactions