Meg & Nicko today

Mitchan

Jun 24, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
Meg the Indian Ringneck, Drogon the BF Amazon, Leia the Alexandrine, Donnie the YC Amazon
Had a little photo session with Nicko & Meg today that I wanted to share here!

tumblr_mysfi0POxG1sppe1to1_1280.png

tumblr_mysfi0POxG1sppe1to2_1280.png

tumblr_mys8auO5dA1sppe1to1_1280.png

tumblr_mysfsfYOCg1sppe1to1_1280.png

tumblr_mysfsfYOCg1sppe1to2_1280.png

tumblr_mysfsfYOCg1sppe1to3_1280.png

tumblr_mysfsfYOCg1sppe1to4_1280.png

tumblr_mysfsfYOCg1sppe1to5_1280.png

Oh, and when I adopted them about 6 months ago, Meg was completely untame and barely ever handled (she was 10-11 months old and had only been out of the aviary she grew up in for a month), she tought people were really scary and things definitely didn't improve when she, during the very first day here, managed to escape from her cage and I, having dogs everywhere, had to chase her around. That probably wasn't pleasant. So I mean, her first impression of me was definitely NOT an "oh look, all humans aren't scary!", but rather the opposite.
But despite everything, including the fact that I haven't really put much time or effort at all into taming or training her, she's somehow managed to tame down pretty awesomely on her own (with a little help and mental support from Nicko and the fact that he loves hanging out with me (and Meg loves hanging out with him), and possibly a little help by me literally being just a human perch when I'm on the computer - not scary at all to climb on, does not move! LOL)
Anyways, this is her getting scritches today:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b8G-vh7fkI"]IMG 5025 - YouTube[/ame]

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Awesome pics and that's great that Meg has come around. You've done really well with her.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Gorgeous birds!!!

OP
Mitchan

Mitchan

Jun 24, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
Meg the Indian Ringneck, Drogon the BF Amazon, Leia the Alexandrine, Donnie the YC Amazon
Thanks, guys! :D

OP
Mitchan

Mitchan

Jun 24, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
Thanks! :D Lilamy, I'm sure you'll have a great time with Percy and that he'll come around with a little time and understanding. :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
They are gorgeous! So happy for you with the progress you've made with Meg. Thank you for sharing the pictures:)

OP
Mitchan

Mitchan

Jun 24, 2013
Sweden
Parrots
They are gorgeous! So happy for you with the progress you've made with Meg. Thank you for sharing the pictures:)
Thank you so much! I am also very happy about Meg! :p:D

Most Reactions