OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
419807_10151368276285508_860450507_23440076_597835842_n.jpg

He had another wash today with the sensitive stuff, he seems to be coping fine with that (and his itching that he usually has has died down too :D) he's all drying off now with just a few feathers here and there stuck a little bit. I'll check for that dawn powder now and just see, incase I have to use it again ;)

I think Merlin's a bit anxious of the bathroom now since he keeps getting doused in water ^^

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
That's a really cute picture. Dawn is a liquid actually. I would think the liquid would be better than the powder you put in the dish waster, but I admit I'm not an expert on this. I'm not even sure if they make a powder one or not. But, they always donate for cleaning birds and other animals that get caught in big oil spills and claim it's safe to be used for that.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I just read that if a bird gets oil on it that you can dust them with flour or cornstarch, then blot with paper towels. After that wash in the water/liquid dawn soap and rinse well.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Awww , your getting there Merlin , you look so nice and squeaky clean , lol
Poor little guy :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Did anyone else notice I typed dish waster instead of dish washer? Let's hope they don't turn into dish wasters, lol!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Did anyone else notice I typed dish waster instead of dish washer? Let's hope they don't turn into dish wasters, lol!

I did notice that, had a good chuckle when I saw it! LOL I sure hope mine isn't wasting the dishes right now! HAHA

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
So glad he is ok :). Now that you know he is fine it is really funny. I must admit I LOVE the first picture of him on your head HAHA!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
We all know what you meant Roxy , lolol.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
We all know what you meant Roxy , lolol.

I've been doing this constantly now for a couple of years though. They aren't really typos, they are completely different words. H and T are not near each other, nor do they use the same movement but opposite hands. My backspace key is completely worn out now. Maybe I shouldn't give it a thought, but it's been concerning me. I have chronic Lyme and I continue to develop other neurological problems and I'm worried about my mind. I don't care that much that I twitch or have myoclonic jerks (except when I accidentally kick people), but I do not want anything to happen to my thought process.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Keep yourself involved , dont vegitate. My Mom survived her brain anuerisym? just because she was active and worked parttime in the church as the secretary.
If she wasnt active like that , the doctor said her recovery ( if any ) wouldnt have been so good. She is working now at 76yrs just because its very convienant , only 2 doors down and she has friends there . Plus she has been there for well over 20 years , knows the place and the job better then anybody else.
Just keep yourself busy and stay here on the forum. We will keep you entertained :)
And of course , your birds , cats , horses , dogs , pigs and whatever else need you :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I'm not even allowed to do volunteer work with my disability, which kind of gripes me. I would really enjoy helping at risk kids with their math or science, or maybe doing an adult literacy program. I admit I can't do anything with set days or hours because my pancreas won't let me. So this forum helps actually. It gives me opportunities to still be a teacher, and to have things to think about. And if I start typing a response but need to run away to the bathroom, it doesn't matter like doing things in real time does.

In fact today I had to fill out that paper I get once a year that tells them that no, I have not done any work for pay or as a volunteer and have it notarized and mail it in.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Oh , that's a shame Roxy . I have learned alot from your posts and I enjoy reading them. I'm sure the forum will keep you busy and laughing :)

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
He looks like he's in shock! This is one of those times I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Poor baby! He looks adorable though! I'm glad he's okay!

One time I was playing with Puck on the curved top of his cage, and in a freak accident, he somehow rolled on his back and got both of his wings stuck in the bars! I panicked at first, but not as bad as him! I had to towel him so he didn't bite me while I got him out. Poor baby! He was okay though.

Have you looked at Lumosity.com for your brain? I saw the ad on TV, and they will let you do a free 3 day trial. It's a bunch of puzzles and games that stimulate your brain. It's very sciencey. I really want to sign up for a membership, but I haven't had the money. I will though. As soon as I register my car. D:

Most Reactions