met baby greys, bad idea!

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
So this past weekend my fiance and I went into a bird store that sells a lot of parrots and we were avoiding it because online it said they had 4 baby handfed greys available. We have a crumby living situation where he bought a house that is almost 2 hours away from my house and his work, and here I still live at home since I am in college. So having 4 (3 are mine) parrots in my house already.......we have to wait till we move which will be hopefully in less than 6 months...if it takes a year I will choke him out. I still can't believe he bought a house 2 hours away and then was renting an apartment down here. Men. *rolls eyes*

So we get there....of course we go there and the baby greys are SO cute. The store was strange tho...it's like a petting zoo...kids all over, just taking out large parrots like it's nothing, and some of the babies don't have the best of grips yet ....So I asked a worker first if it was okay cuz I was taken back by all the kids just acting like it's a zoo .... I check them all out and I am drawn to one in particular. We held him for about 45min all while I try to beg my fiance to buy this 1200$ baby for me. Boy.....he was SO mad that I even asked LOL. He wants to raise a parrot together with me too but we have to wait. I know....he's so practical and here I am "omg omg omg want want want" *grabby hands* I don't even want to buy from a pet store but gosh darn when that baby surge gets into you its hard to not want to buy that baby grey. I think if they offered payment plans I MIGHT have gotten away with it, or at least I want to think I would have lol. So.......I'll be avoiding that store.....forever. LOL. I should have asked them to put a sign in the back room with my photo to not let me in there ever again!! :21: :21:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hmmm, you do realize you put him between the rock & a hard place.....

Poor guy.....

OP
Lintini

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
Oh I know! He was actually very upset that I asked him, that was really unfair of me but I couldn't help but try T_T. 27 going on 13 somedays it seems :( He told me I could return my engagement ring if I wanted to get it (that's how ticked he was at me) ...then I told him I could buy all the birds in the store with it and he didn't suggest that again. LOL. We do poke fun at eachother but yea I shouldn't have asked him but seriously it was like putting a drug addict in a room with unlimited drugs that the could only LOOK at and not leave the room with!! I've never been in a store that sells parrots like that, they just aren't around here anymore, well maybe there are some in San Fran but you would have to pay me to go there. Blech.

Most Reactions

Latest posts