Might keep him, so help me please!

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
If many of you have noticed, I posted a thread about looking for a new home for my aunt's bird.

However, I'm thinking of keeping him, not sure yet. If I do keep him, have three cages is too much, so I would like to see if I can get S'mores and Oliver to share the same cage. However, I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE on how to get them in the same cage. I tried looking online, but so many sites give different info that I don't know which to listen. So.....

I need all of your advice. What should I do if I want to keep Oliver, but need him and S'mores to share a cage. Thanks for anything.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I have never done this Diego but I would imagine you would have to get them used to eachother out of the cage first and then see if they like eachother. If so is there a chance you could get one large cage for them instead of the 3 small ones. That would be easier on you.

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Yes, if I can get them both to like each other, I will buy a bigger cage for them both. But in the past, when we visit each other, Oliver tries so hard to be friends with S'mores but she picks fights with him, and tries to hurt him.

At least she's a loyal daughter who doesn't run off with boys ;)

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Alright. Sounds good to me. But if I wanted to, could I use plexiglass to separate the cage in half?

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
How about putting S'mores with Bartleby since they know each other? Do they get along with each other?

OP
apatrimo94

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
How about putting S'mores with Bartleby since they know each other? Do they get along with each other?

I think I'd have better luck in getting a vegetarian to eat meat. lol. They love each other in their own cages, but in the same cage, they'll try to rip each other to shreds. lol. Had a few close calls.

Most Reactions

Latest posts