Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
The heading says it all.
I have seen YT videos of parrots playing with thoes mini tennis shoes.
Are they safe?

what say you..

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I give one to Salty 1 or 2X a year. He destroys them. I see small scraps of rubber and cloth on the floor, so I assume he is not eating them. But not safe to assume your parrot will not chow down on them.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
And then you have where in this huge World they are manufactured!! As very few places in this World have the controls in place to minimize the use of Hazards Chemicals.

There are more than enough natural stuff that Julio can turn into tiny bits, willing!! I see no reason to buy neat stuff, which I have zero trust in the sourcing.

For me, its a Red Flag Item and No Julio does not get the chance to turn those into tiny bits. Plus, with his active mind, it a simple step to move-up to the big size thing that looks the same!

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
The ones I looked at were made in China

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Where else, right? Go to any Target, Walmart, Best Buy, etc and you will be very hard pressed to find anything that is NOT made in CHina.

Boats, you have given me pause, and those chew sneakers are officially off the menu.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Opie had some in the cage he came with, and he liked them a lot. I'm too nervous about stringy type things when he's not supervised so I removed them.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Lucy had those shoes and she mostly liked to SLAM them around her cage. She didn’t chew them up. And shoes were her special love. So I left them with her.

Had I seen any rubber getting nibbled I would have taken them away. She really just liked to stomp.

Most Reactions

Latest posts