Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
So yesterday while I was at work, my partner called me to say Mini had wriggled out of his hands while he was bringing her inside and flown away. I started thinking the worst and panicking and he spent ages looking, with the help of some neighbours. Finally he found her, Inside someones car!! Lol! She was happy, chirping away and jumping around, cheeky little girl. Glad she is safe and sound back at home, it was a scary few hours!! :eek:

Hayden1987

Apr 23, 2013
Upper Hutt, New Zealand
Parrots
Andy a Harlequin Macaw
a pair or maroon bellied conures,
a pair of mulga parrots
Well done on finding your baby again... i know how heart breaking it can be.
I once had a tree branch come down through my alexandrine aviary.. unfortunately i never saw them again after many many days of searching.
But the most heartbreaking was when i lost my handreared common indian mynah, unfortunately while i had him out a family member opened the door and he was off saying" whatcha doing "excitedly as he dissappeared in the distance :'(

A little thing i learnt is just to have a small cage or transport box around that i only use to transport birds from aviary to aviary or aviary to the house...
I really am stoked you got your budgie back :)

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Thank you Hayden! That might be an idea actually. I have also lost birds in the past too, and mini is totally clipped and she still managed to fly so far as well. I know that clipped birds can still fly, but she got so far! Cheeky little thing. Its so sad when you lost birds! :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts