Misha is definitely not a bird bird!

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
Besides his love for Guapo he will not tolerate any other birds in his space. After lots of heavily supervised play time Misha got to Nimbus. They've always been ok when facing each other but Nimbus turned her back and Misha flew at her and ripped a fist full of feathers off Nimbus' rear. Time to accept he won't be able to have anymore friends, at least for the immediate future. Stupid overprotective fluff head!

Nimbus seems over it already, there's no blood so I'm assuming she'll be fine, she's climbed up to my head, dem claws!!!

Just needed a bit of a rant! I love my Misha but he can be a bit of a douche sometimes.:rolleyes:

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
ha ha I hear ya!, my Senegal Safari is the same way.
A total dufus! when it comes to being around other birds. he took a chunk of feathers out of my cockatiels tail yesterday and would not let go.
I had to tap him on the head for him to stop, then he shot me a dirty look.
My GCC Ninja is fine with all my other birds, but will never put Safari and Ninja together, it would not turn out well.
What is funny is Safari seems to like my lovebird Luna, they beak thru the bars all the time, and when out together share food, but in a nano second Safari will try and take a chunk out of Luna. Poor Luna talk about mixed signals.
what can you do???.....live and let live I guess....

OP
Akraya

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
I can't imagine why he feels the need to go so aggro, possibly just overprotective/jelly but he's fine around new people, just not birds!
Guapo does the beaky tongue kisses through the bars with Nimbus, so cute! But a bit scary when Nimbus wants Guapo to feed her and she puts her beak around half his head :eek:

jakrob4

Mar 24, 2013
Melbourne, VIC Australia
Parrots
Abby - Hahns Macaw
Lulu - Lovebird
Ziggy - B&G Macaw
My 2 birds were constantly fighting at any chance they got from day one, until I went away for a couple weeks and took them to my dads for him to look after. They had only met him once briefly and were way out of there comfort zone with no one but eachover. Sure enough when I got back they had gone from don't ever come near me, to grooming eachover.
Theres been a few little injuries since then while learning there pin feather preening boundaries but nothing major and now can't separate them.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Conures can be little terrors! No doubt about that!

Charlie is missing half of his lower beak because he decided that he was going to bully a blind ruby macaw. He had 3 amazons whipped, a macaw is obviously not much larger!!! WRONG! Needless to say, he had to go in for surgery twice, and now will require to have his beak trimmed for the rest of his life!

But then, I consider Charlie to be "my-turd"! ;) (a play on the name 'mitred')

OP
Akraya

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
Definitely no fear when it comes to anything bigger than them. Terrified of tea-towels, bigger bird or person NO PROBLEM!

tokensmom

Jan 24, 2013
Parrots
GCC...TOKEN
Did you have Misha first? If so how old was she when you got Nimbus. Im asking because i have a gcc and will be getting a IRN in the early summer. I know it all is just personality...but just curious. Glad Nimbus is ok!

OP
Akraya

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
Misha was my first, raised in an aviary and I made him tame, so he's very attached. He was just about 2yrs when I got Nimbus.

ACEPHONECHIC

Jan 29, 2013
Media
NEWTON ABBOT DEVON ENGLAND
Parrots
7parrots
1 Alexandrine
1 Greenneck Parakeet
1 Sun Conure
2 Greencheeked Conures
1 Pearly Conure
1 Crimson Bellied Conure
My baby Crimsonn Bellied Conure Ruby born 14th January will see of my Indian Ring Neck Merl and Kosh my Alexandrine and she is only a tiny thing but fearless. My two Greenchecks now 12 months old have been in control since last July and now Ruby is part of their gang !!

OP
Akraya

Akraya

May 7, 2012
Brisbane, QLD
Parrots
Misha - Yellowsided GCC
Guapo - Cinnamon GCC
Nimbus - Alexandrine
haha gang, my gccs have formed a gang, their lair is under the couch and they make hissing noised and try to talk, poke their heads out and if we spot them they scoot back under and start laughing (they imitate our laughs) sinister little buggers!

nightinday

Aug 21, 2012
Poland
Parrots
Louis - GCC, hatched 9.05.2012
This sounds like Louis! When he sees other parrots around or even himself in the mirror, he attacks with no mercy.:54:

Most Reactions