Molting

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
So Lizzy is going through her first big molt since she's been with me. I was just curious if there was anything I could do to help her.

She's been awful nippy with the new feather growth. Although she is letting me help her with the pin feathers. And she gets a good bath at least every other day. Most of the time she flies right on top of the faucet and waits impatiently for me to follow lol.

So just wondering if I could add something to her diet or some other change to help make this process easier for her.

Thanks!

OP
Cyrinaluna

Cyrinaluna

Feb 27, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Parrots
1 cinnimon GCC - Lizzy
We vacuum every day but with so many feathers I feel like it's a losing battle! Haha.
She does love eggs and lentils :) I'll add a little more than usual to her diet :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
We vacuum every day but with so many feathers I feel like it's a losing battle! Haha.
She does love eggs and lentils :) I'll add a little more than usual to her diet :)

I know... When they have a hard molt (even a small Budgie) it's a losing battle unless you vacuum 4 times a day haha.

See if she likes a little cooked chicken, turkey, fish. Harrison's high potency (orange label) formula.

Most Reactions