Mopar the BFA

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I think Mopar sees a cloud and is praying for rain,LOL.

michellebaughman

Sep 1, 2014
Media
Parrots
Binky my 11 month old quaker,brought him home July 11,2014. Olly my o.w.a is 8 years old.brought him home,sept.3rd. :-)
He's gorgeous! And speaking of molting,I almost swallowed a lovely lil feather today,somehow got in my Pepsi glass and into my mouth!

OP
95talongirl

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Here's a few more shots of him playing with the chain toys:

And a video of him!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y1p8iA8SZQ&feature=youtu.be"]Mopar playing - YouTube[/ame]

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Love Mopar's colorings! Such a pretty BFA!

OP
95talongirl

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Mopar says "thank you." :)

Oh, he is fully flighted now.... had some fun earlier when he took off and landed on the top of the cupboards in the kitchen. That's my only gripe; not bieng able to reach them! LOL!

I do think BFA's are one of the most beautiful parrot species, as well! :) Kiwi is absolutely stunning, too!:green:

OP
95talongirl

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Some shots from today.

Some pictures from today. He's always so laid back. lol!

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots
{Kiki, Blue Front Amazon}

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

{Emil A.K.A Rocky, Red Lored Amazon}
He looks Incredibly playful and very VERY cute. I love BFA's, and as Ravensgryf said, it's VERY interesting to see how much the blue/yellow varies between BFA's. :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures, You should submit to the POTM Contest, as Kiwibird said. :D

OP
95talongirl

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Yeah, he has never given me an issue. He has growled at me a few times when he doesn't want to do something, but never been bitten. He also doesn't fight back with Maverick, when he is being a pest. Maverick likes to go after his feet. Weirdo. So I do have to keep an eye on both of them when they are on the same play area, otherwise maverick will just take over.

We shall see how he changes as he gets older, but I am enjoying this super docile and laid back bird. :)

It is pretty amazing the color variation! The BFA at the shelter has almost no blue; but is brilliantly colored with bright yellow and green.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
and as Ravensgryf said, it's VERY interesting to see how much the blue/yellow varies between BFA's. :)

From what I understand, it's the difference between subspecies. One has more blue one more yellow. They're both beautiful birds!

OP
95talongirl

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Some cell phone shots, most after a bath:

^He landed on that ceiling fan, too!

Most Reactions

Latest posts