felixlatestpool034.jpg

felixlatestpool036.jpg

Introducing "TheSkippah"
xmas2007198.jpg

xmas2007171.jpg

xmas2007007.jpg

Roughing it?
AustinGeorgeWarne156.jpg

I wasnt doin nuffin! who said I was doin sumfin?

RSRosey

Feb 6, 2008
Media
Very nice. I wouldn't have thought about taking the bird out to the pool. (not that I have one)
I like the picture of him on the boogie board the best I think.
Rhonda

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I was a little worried about chlorine at 1st, but duh, I found out it was salt water pool.
I find he likes to be where he SEES people go.
If I tried to put him in the pool, he may have gone nuts. But coz I went into the pool and left him on the side, he wanted in big time. Once he has done something and had no negative effects, he opts to do it again and again. He starts going ape when the gravel driveways crunches under the weight of a car pulling up. He gets all excited coz "people" are here. he then runs to the door and starts calling to them through the front door.

RSRosey

Feb 6, 2008
Media
Has he always been drawn to people or was he a bit nervous around new people at first. My Zon is very nervous around new people.

Rhonda

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
No He assumes he is people. He was found by kids after falling out a nest. no feathers.
he was eventually hand reared by the bird rescue lady at Minton Farm. She passed him to me and he has been uncaged with us ever since. He reacts the same way the dog does when people arrive, and he competes for attention with the dog.

RSRosey

Feb 6, 2008
Media
That's neat. My Zon will talk until he sees someone new, then he is very quiet. He tends to go to the back of his cage if someone new is in the room. In all fairness to him he has only been here a little more than a month. I am trying to get everyone here in the family to hold him from time to time and to talk to him. My 14 year old DS doesn't seem interested though. I would have thought he would wanted to hold him, he always held the ones in the pet store when we went. I guess he didn't have any other source of entertainment at the pet store, here he has his video games...etc.

My DD was trying to show off his talking, singing to her friend when she stayed the night this weekend. And everytime they came down the stairs he would just stop everything he was doing. They did get to see him at breakfast, we were in the dinning room eating and he started going nuts and showing off. So maybe he just needs a lot more time to warm up to new people.

Rhonda

Most Reactions