Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What a wonderful thing you did. I am so sure you made his Christmas, and Moses's as well:) And sounds like you may have made a new friend as well!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I think Rocky must be a cinamon pearl because he looks just like that

If I remember correctly Rocky is a regular Pearl. That picture of my baby doesn't show off the cinnamon very good. Poor lighting since it was late.....

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Lisa -

Sorry he's not staying with you, but the story is wonderful and you are such an absolute sweetheart and wonderful person. How many people would find a bird as wonderful as Moses and actively go looking for his owners... So many people would admit they had found him if asked, but even tho you were falling in love with the guy, you put someone else ahead of yourself and went to find his home. Don't let anyone say, oh well, anyone would do that... so many people would not.

You're too far away, but having been a mom who had a pet get out and we were desperately searching for him, knowing if someone took him into their home, we'd never see him again... what you did really was a Christmas miracle to that man. And I agree, think you may have found a new friend.

Never know, if you really want birdie babies, you might be able to borrow Moses for a few romantic nights. The two girls together with your help if needed could raise up a few babies :) Many birds become single moms and do quite well. So, there are options :)

Have a wonderful Christmas, you really deserve it!!!

Hugs from PA,

Jen and the flock :)

OP
L

lisascannell

Sep 1, 2013
South Australia
Parrots
2 Lovebirds, 5 cockatiels, finch, budgie, Indian Ringneck
Thanks everyone! :) It was a very happy ending and Moses is not far. I can visit him whenever I want! :)
Mikey you should call your pearl girl "Roxette" haha:yellow2:

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
What a happy Christmas you made for a family and a birdy that found his way home! You ARE Santa Claus.

Most Reactions