Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My favourite genres are horror and thriller. Has anyone seen anything good lately?

I have a recommendation that isn't in my usual genres. I watched "The Last Full Measure" the other night, and it was fantastic. I cried quite a few times during the movie. It's a war movie, but yet it isn't. The war scenes are all flashbacks. It is a true story which made it even more amazing.

So what is everyone watching?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'm kind of a sci-fi and action sort. Haven't watched much in the way of current movies lately, but I did see the latest of The Matrix series, Resurrection. From the first one, I loved the concept, but as is so common with movie franchises, they don't necessarily get better as they go along. I still enjoyed all of them though, because you get invested in the characters, and it's just fun. We saw the first one in the theater, and afterwards, on the way to the car, were speechless, pondering what just happened. Just blown away by the whole idea, and of course, the special effects were pretty good for the time.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Ever seen It and It 2? The newer ones not the mini series in 1990.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ever seen It and It 2? The newer ones not the mini series in 1990.
I haven't watched those. I really loved the miniseries. Do you think it's better than the original?

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I'm kind of a sci-fi and action sort. Haven't watched much in the way of current movies lately, but I did see the latest of The Matrix series, Resurrection. From the first one, I loved the concept, but as is so common with movie franchises, they don't necessarily get better as they go along. I still enjoyed all of them though, because you get invested in the characters, and it's just fun. We saw the first one in the theater, and afterwards, on the way to the car, were speechless, pondering what just happened. Just blown away by the whole idea, and of course, the special effects were pretty good for the time.
So the newest one doesn't hold up? I loved the first one, I love Keanu Reeves in everything.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
So the newest one doesn't hold up? I loved the first one, I love Keanu Reeves in everything.
I still liked the new one, it's just different. Hard to watch Neo and Trinity looking so much older too. I do like Keanu Reeves. Supposedly he's a very gracious down to earth guy, and also trains extensively with the weapons so he's pretty stinking convincing on screen. John Wick is another fun one if you're into action/shooting lots of people flicks. I'm not really a Bill and Ted fan though.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Well I'd love to learn if some good movies! I only have access to Netflix though...

I really loved the Longmire series.

Tho neither sci-fi my favorite, or thriller.

I'm trying to think if a brief series that hopefully will continue that is horror sort of

I'm mostly have to read . The Snowman by Nesbo was very good. Thriller detective

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
For horror how about the “the autopsy of Jane Doe”
the other one I liked was “Look away”

I to am more of a Sci—fy

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Ok i found it, Evil
Its for entertaining its not a reality or documentary. I really like the cast
On Netflix, well darn it! They pulled from Netflix going to be picked up by CBS i think but available on other streaming platforms

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Well I'd love to learn if some good movies! I only have access to Netflix though...

I really loved the Longmire series.

Tho neither sci-fi my favorite, or thriller.

I'm trying to think if a brief series that hopefully will continue that is horror sort of

I'm mostly have to read . The Snowman by Nesbo was very good. Thriller detective
I also loved Longmire. I'll see if I can find that book, I love a good detective thriller.
Have you read any Jonathan Kellerman books? He is a wonderful author.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
For horror how about the “the autopsy of Jane Doe”
the other one I liked was “Look away”

I to am more of a Sci—fy
I saw The Autopsy of Jane Doe, that was pretty good. I'll look for "Look Away", I haven't seen that one.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Ok i found it, Evil
Its for entertaining its not a reality or documentary. I really like the cast
On Netflix, well darn it! They pulled from Netflix going to be picked up by CBS i think but available on other streaming platforms
I watched the first season of this on TV, then it went to a channel I'd have to stream that I don't think was available. I really enjoyed that show, I'll look again and see where it is on here.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
The YT series “Impulse “
It’s much closer to the book series “Jumper” than the horrible movie.
Steven Gould the author had a hand in the series, assistant director or some such.
Unfortunately it was canceled after the second season.
left a lot of unanswered questions.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
The YT series “Impulse “
It’s much closer to the book series “Jumper” than the horrible movie.
Steven Gould the author had a hand in the series, assistant director or some such.
Unfortunately it was canceled after the second season.
left a lot of unanswered questions.
I don't think I've seen that. I hate getting into a new show then they cancel it without tying things up. I really liked Prodigal Son, but at least there was sort of an ending in the last episode when they cancelled it.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Yeah, um...
Stormy
I don't think that's what Terry was looking for
I mean-
Ok

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I Googled it and not really horror..haha
I do like musicals though and my granddaughter would love it:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts