OP
MooshieBird

MooshieBird

Dec 12, 2017
Media
Gulf Coast
Parrots
Mushka CAG 5 years old
About the Fireworks. We shoot a lot in the warmer months at our cabin.
Therefore, I purposely desensitized Levi. Every time we get a package delivered I give my son the bubble wrap or air bags to pop. I throw them on then floor & he stomps on it, and we hoot & howl & cheer as he does it. Now every time Levi hears a loud popping sounds he makes a celebratory sound. :D

PS) I enjoy your Videos VM :)

That sounds like a great idea. Fortunately we only have fireworks here a couple of times a year. And thanks, i'm glad you enjoy the videos!

So I got Mushka a Bird Kabob toy and she thought it was absolutely the best toy ever. She likes her toys but usually takes a bit to warm up to each one and switch off playing with them at different times. This one she demolished in less than a day. She played with it so long she had to take a nap. I highly recommend this toy.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-h36rfwBeY"]Bird Kabob[/ame]

It isn't all sunshine and rainbows over here however. We recently sat in the floor for a play session and all Mushka wanted to do was get on my head. She likes to get there, but I don't allow it. For whatever reason she really wanted up there and would not take no for an answer, going so far as to argue with me. When I tell her "No" and she really wants something she will respond with "Yes". It was cute the first couple of times. Not sure where she learned this behavior but it is very interesting to have a legit argument with a bird. The video quality is not good but I thought it would be fun for you to see Mushka arguing with me in context.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQETPEasCk"]I said YES![/ame]

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
About the Fireworks. We shoot a lot in the warmer months at our cabin.
Therefore, I purposely desensitized Levi. Every time we get a package delivered I give my son the bubble wrap or air bags to pop. I throw them on then floor & he stomps on it, and we hoot & howl & cheer as he does it. Now every time Levi hears a loud popping sounds he makes a celebratory sound. :D

PS) I enjoy your Videos VM :)

That sounds like a great idea. Fortunately we only have fireworks here a couple of times a year. And thanks, i'm glad you enjoy the videos!

So I got Mushka a Bird Kabob toy and she thought it was absolutely the best toy ever. She likes her toys but usually takes a bit to warm up to each one and switch off playing with them at different times. This one she demolished in less than a day. She played with it so long she had to take a nap. I highly recommend this toy.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-h36rfwBeY"]Bird Kabob[/ame]

It isn't all sunshine and rainbows over here however. We recently sat in the floor for a play session and all Mushka wanted to do was get on my head. She likes to get there, but I don't allow it. For whatever reason she really wanted up there and would not take no for an answer, going so far as to argue with me. When I tell her "No" and she really wants something she will respond with "Yes". It was cute the first couple of times. Not sure where she learned this behavior but it is very interesting to have a legit argument with a bird. The video quality is not good but I thought it would be fun for you to see Mushka arguing with me in context.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVQETPEasCk"]I said YES![/ame]

I don't know what it is about heads. BB's flying is so good now,he can fly from his rooftop from the other room,and land on my head before I know whats going on,in this room. Or..if he is on my shoulder he decides he's going to climb up my neck to get there..I don't think so,Beebs!

Jim

OP
MooshieBird

MooshieBird

Dec 12, 2017
Media
Gulf Coast
Parrots
Mushka CAG 5 years old
And here we have about eight minutes of unadulterated Moosh chatter. She got on a roll when I was doing some work so I set up my camera. At about 5:30 you can see one of m chickens that jumped the gate out wandering by the pool. Fresh eggs are great but if you gots chickens and your parrot make sure to keep them separate and change clothes/wash up after dealing with chickens. Do not want the germs from the chickens near your parrot.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzWY_9Vkwk8&feature=youtu.be"]Talkie talkie talkie.[/ame]

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
Every time we get a package delivered I give my son the bubble wrap or air bags to pop.

This reminds me of when I left school and got an apprenticeship. My new manager asked me to pop the large roll of bubble wrap in the corner of the office, it took me over 4hrs!
:04:

OP
MooshieBird

MooshieBird

Dec 12, 2017
Media
Gulf Coast
Parrots
Mushka CAG 5 years old
Whew! Been a heck of a couple of weeks, sick kid, sick coworkers, chasing Mushka around the house. I haven't had time to post but Now I can finally throw up an update.

Mushka flying has been awesome,and to anyone who is wondering is it is worth the risks and the extra effort, YES! Moosh is even happier and more affectionate. She still doesn't have the control she needs but she can fly all over the house. We have had to make some changes, no matter how well I think I prepare Moosh shows me that I wasn't prepared enough. I have to thank everyone on the forums for all the great information that has been posted here on flight, but I do feel I have to thank one stand out for the wealth of information I have gathered from their posts, Thanks so much Sailboat for the selfless access to your knowledge and the amount of time and effort it must have taken to make your posts.

The flight training is going great. We had one accident when we were getting ready for bed. Moosh was sitting on her cage while I was finishing up when the light bulb blew and put us in pitch black. Moosh hates the pitch black and panicked flying into the bedroom door. Even being unable to see she remembered flight paths. Thankfully it was a short flight so she didn't build up enough speed to get hurt but it was a scary moment. Other than that all the work we put into pathing, landing zones, and knocking walls/windows definitely paid off.

I finally have a couple of free days so I hope to get a video or two uploaded and I'm happy to sit down and get back on my favorite forums!

Most Reactions