My Amazon had a stroke

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
thanks all of you for the support and love , it means so much to me

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm so very sorry to hear this. Deepest condolences.

EdgesofTwilight

Sep 2, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Parrots
Cosmo - Hahn's Macaw
Sorry to hear that. You did all you could. Sounds like you gave him more in the short time you had him than he had his whole life.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh my gosh. My heart is breaking for you here. :( I am so sorry.

Rest easy, Doolie. You were much loved and will never be forgotten! :smile015:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm very sad you lost Doolie. You performed the most noble of rescues and made a valiant effort medically.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Oh I am so sorry. :(

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry for your loss:( Rest in peace, Beautiful Doolie, you will be missed.

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
It's my first day off without doolie..never realized how much he consumed my day...I'm really lonely and I find myself crying a whole lot. I know I should be celebrating the life he had with us but all I can think about is how unfair all this is that poor bird went thru hell and back before I got him and his time with me was to short,I'm having a hard time getting thru this ..is there a grief group I can join lol...I really think I need it....or I need another bird lol

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Maria, I'm so sorry for what you must be going through, it is unfair. You gave Doolie an amazing gift when you adopted him. You showed him love and understanding and gave him hope, if he hadn't found you, he may never have experienced the kind of happiness he knew in your home. As hard as it must have been for you, Doolie was so lucky to have someone who truly loved him right beside him after his stroke, many humans are not so fortunate. Bless you for giving Doolie those priceless gifts. Please know that many of us understand what you are going through and even though we can't change things, we do care and we are here for you.

Dewfield

May 10, 2015
Gallatin Tennessee, U.S.A.
Parrots
Mr.Man (Congo Grey/17 year old)
Sinbad (Senegal/ 40+ year old)
Dewey (Senegal/ 13 year old)
It's my first day off without doolie..never realized how much he consumed my day...I'm really lonely and I find myself crying a whole lot. I know I should be celebrating the life he had with us but all I can think about is how unfair all this is that poor bird went thru hell and back before I got him and his time with me was to short,I'm having a hard time getting thru this ..is there a grief group I can join lol...I really think I need it....or I need another bird lol

You may want to try this! It's a little project you can do to help you to remember all of the good times you had together, keep your mind busy and also memorialize your companion.
My wife and I have made these scrapbooks for every companion animal we have ever lost. It's fun to do and will most likely make you smile during this difficult time.
A trip to the craft store you'll be able to find all sorts of fun stickers and "Doo Dads" that are symbolic of your little friend. You can also put photos and any sympathy cards you receive in the album.
We have so many companion animals and don't really know their birth dates. The only date we are sure of is our beloved Yellow Nape Joshua's. Every year on that date, we have kind of a celebration for all of our kids and we sit and look through their books.
Keep busy and you WILL heal my friend!
Dewfield (Mike)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 67
OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Thank u I'm sure I'll be posting my thoughts for awhile

mh434

Oct 28, 2014
BC, Canada
Parrots
Yellow-naped Amazon "Sammy"
Love birds (4)
Green-cheeked Conure "Skittles" - now, sadly gone from my life
Blue-Crowned Conure "Tequila"
African Grey "Reno" - sadly, now gone from my life
I am so sorry for your loss of Doolie! When I first read the thread, I was so hoping he'd recover but, based upon his early life, I guess it's not a surprise.

THANK YOU for all your kind devotion to him. This is what they all deserve, but what so many of them never get. His life with you was paradise - no bird could ask for more.

As to getting another bird, consider this - it in no way diminishes the love you have for Doolie, nor disrespects his memory in any way.

What it does do is help to diminish the pain you have at his passing, and afford another deserving bird the opportunity to benefit from all the love you have to give.

In many ways, it is the finest tribute you can give to his memory. Please, do consider getting another bird to nurture and love. There are many out there, they all deserve it, and you need & deserve to have another wonderful bird in your life.

I, too, have a sort of "tribute" spot in my house, to honor my furred & feathered loved ones I've lost. It's poignant, but it also brings back fond memories of them and, in a way, ensures they're always still with me, at least a little.

I guess I'm rambling a bit here, but you need to know we're all behind you, and we all thank you for all you did for wonderful Doolie. Many of us have been through this, and know (and share) the pain you're going through.

Take heart, you've done everything right, and know that Doolie loved you as much as you loved him.

Most Reactions