My Amazon had a stroke

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
It's been a long week,I find myself going back to bed instead of having coffee on the couch,with no doolie my mornings aren't the same. I had my baby cremated and I put him on the couch with me last night,it made feel better knowing he was beside me. Mother's Day will forever be hard to handle but maybe in time I'll get thru this with out crying. I've written a poem in honor of doolie..I'll post it on my profile..thanx for reading and keeping me company.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Losing an animal is so hard.
I had a foal last year that the mother rejected and I had to bucket feed every four hours. Then because of his lowered immune system he ended up with a form of pneumonia and was admitted to one of the vet school hospitals (who I will NEVER go back to- they discharged him with a huge bill and no diagnosis). He passed away and it broke my heart. Took me a long time to get over it.

It is never easy.
Take comfort in memories and don't be afraid to find something/one to focus your love on. It isn't replacing. It's finding something else that needs your love.

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I've cried a lot today..uploaded some photos of doolie to my profile, I cleaned his toys and both cages,all the perches and bowls.
I have a house full of animals and I still feel lonely.
Birds do wonders on your heart strings.
That's why when I asked a guy to send me pix of his bird for sale ,at first I said no but the poor thing,after meeting it..I couldn't say no.she was in a tiny cage no toys but a rusty bell and wild bird seed to eat...,
I brought her home, and even tho I feel quilty,doolie would want me happy.

Last edited:

mh434

Oct 28, 2014
BC, Canada
Parrots
Yellow-naped Amazon "Sammy"
Love birds (4)
Green-cheeked Conure "Skittles" - now, sadly gone from my life
Blue-Crowned Conure "Tequila"
African Grey "Reno" - sadly, now gone from my life
Doolie would INDEED want you happy!!

The new girl will blossom with your love and attention, and she deserves it! Now, there is one less neglected & unloved bird in the world - a thing to celebrate!

Rescuing another bird does not disrespect Doolie's memory in any way. You are doing the right thing, and Doolie would approve!

OP
Mariar

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Hahaha I thought about this all day and even though I cried a lot I smiled..doolie loved his things..in fact he claimed everything he wanted..all cabinet cupboards and the contents in them..all his toys,and all his cages..everything he wanted we gave him and that included me..I was his. I guess that's why this is hard for me..unconditional love he provided me was overwhelming and accepted. He contact called me all the time I guess I miss the attention. Some of his toys I took out becuz I know he would not approve of sharing them..lol...the challenge begins.

Most Reactions