my baby parrot identification (update)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hello Flyer and welcome back :) It looks like your Baby is thriving:)

My first thought was it looked like an Amazon, but I am not so sure now! Someone else may be able to identify it for you though!

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
to me it looks a conure of some sort, my vote is a white eyed conure. hes adorable :D good luck!

Last edited:

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo
How old is he? If he's pretty big for his age, he's probably a White Eyed Conure. If not, he may be a Finch's Conure. :) He also COULD be a Blue-Crowned Conure, but I can't tell in that light. He's so cute! I do believe he's a conure, though!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
He's more then several weeks old. Looks like he's past a month. I would say he's a Blue crown conure. Where did you find him from? Missed your previous posting about it....

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
I'd say he looks like a conure of some sort too.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
A conure was also my first guess.... of some sort... lol

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
I am not sure as I've never raised conure chicks before. I couldn't handle their scream....lol..... Once he matures a bit more, we could identify him a lot better. He was lucky you were there jogging!!!! Babies are cute, even conures!

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Definitely a conure.

Mikey, you can't handle a conure scream but you can handle macaw and cockatoo screams? That's seams a little backwards.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Yes, most do talk :)
I always think it is amazing how such a small bird can make so much noise lol, although I think Jendays and Suns are the noisiest of the Conures!

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
I've had all types of cockatoos and a macaw, but the pitch of most conures is more than I can handle. He is super cute, It will be fun to watch him develop. Will you be keeping this little guy? I have never had to hand feed a baby bird, but I know it is taxing. Make sure to research the local and state laws about parrots. Good luck with him.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Cdog, like rescueme says! The constant runs of their pitchy screaming gets to me. My macaw and cockatoo is nothing like it!!!

Conures can talk yes! The ones I used to have talk all the time.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
He looks like a mexican green conure(Aratinga holochlora). Super cute! Thank you for saving him, are you sure it's legal to have him?

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
The liittle guy could be a blue crown conure. Every one says GCC' are quiet for 'conures', not all birds in general, but I got lucky with Bella and Zora. Never make a peep unless my neighbor's SUPER loud motercycle if running, or if the vacuem is on.

EDIT:Now that I looked up mexican green conures that's what he looks like. But I second IcyWolf regarding the laws on keeping him, though I'm not sure if there are any where you live.
Here's a picture of a Mexican Green Conure:

15.jpg

Last edited:

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
I agree with Icywolf...

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
He looks like he is thriving Flyer:) He is adorable:)

I think I agree with icywolf on what species he is.

Most Reactions

Latest posts