Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh Terry, I'm so sorry, and in shock. When I saw this I didn't think it was real. How can this be real? Little Phoe seemed to be doing so well. I know there's no way to understand it right now, so there are no words I can think of. Please just know that you're in our thoughts and prayers. I'm right there with you, I get it.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I’m so very sorry, Terry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Oh Terry! I'm so sorry! That brave, brave little bird lived his life to its utmost and gave you so much pleasure and great company. Of course he's flying free now, dressed in a gorgeous suit of perfect feathers. I hope me meets up soon with our Dommie. I have a feeling they'd get along like a house on fire.

You did so much for little Phoe in his short life, so please don't forget you were a blessing to him as much as he was one to you. I'm thankful for the time you had together and know his memory will always be a sweet one to you.

Love, Trish and flock. XX

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I have no words that can express how sad I am for your loss, Terry. All I know is that Phoe was lucky to be part of your life, remember him with joy and love.

Please don't feel you need to respond to us all individually, it's a beautiful thing when you do but for now, we are here to help you. We don't need you to reply and thank us all, that's what we friends are here for.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I'm so very sorry for your loss of your sweet, special boy, Terry. Thank you for giving him a wonderful life and treating him like royalty every minute he was with you. I know how deeply you feel his loss, there are no words to ease the pain but in time I hope your vast collection of happy memories will comfort you. Hugs and lots of love, My Friend.

Fly free little one, you will be forever missed.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Terry, I'm so sorry for the loss of beloved Phoe. He had such a beautiful heart, and your love for him was clearly evident in every story you told of him... as was his deep love for you.

Grieve for him, as I know you must. But try to focus on the miracle of his life rather than the tragedy of his passing. His time here may have been all too brief, and for now it is probably hard to hear anything over the crash of grief against the shores of your soul, but Phoe sings on within your heart. It is the music of his soul, and there is much love, joy and laughter in it. One day when you are ready, my dear friend, you will hear his song once again.

That is his gift to you.

You see, for 5 years you were his guardian angel. And he loved you for it with all his heart.

So now Phoe has decided that it is your turn to have a guardian angel.

Fly free like the phoenix you are, dearest Phoe, rising high on wings freshly adorned with brilliant, unblemished feathers. You will be deeply missed, but I don't doubt you will be watching over your person from your new vantage point. Because that is what guardian angels do. That is what heart birds do.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Oh my gosh Terry, I am so, so sorry. I couldn’t believe it when I read it on the other thread. I know that while you love all your animals, certain ones leave much deeper impressions on our hearts than others. I know it’s more incredibly painful than can fully be expressed in words. Hugs of understanding Terry. Peace and healing also for Reg and Jax.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
I'm typing through tears my dear friend. I really thought like Gail, that he truly turned the corned and I am stunned as everyone else that he is gone.
All I can say is my heart is breaking with yours. :smile016:

What a beautiful painting and a wonderful tribute, he will forever be in your heart as well as ours.

Sending much love, hugs and prayers.
I am so very sorry . . . . . :(

fuad

Dec 31, 2018
I'm so sorry for your loss, stay strong . He will always be around you

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I want to thank you all again for your beautiful posts. They have comforted me, and the words "heart bird" are so appropriate it made me cry. The support we have received from you all will never be forgotten.
I wanted to update on Jax (Phoe's buddy). He is grieving, and the only thing he ever learned to say is "PhoePhoe, which is he saying over and over. Yesterday he decided he wanted to be in Phoe's cage, I think it comforts him. He is also allowing cuddles from me, I think he knows we share this terrible pain in our hearts.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Poor Jax, I know he feels the loss deeply. Phoe and Jax had a deep and beautiful bond. I think it is so right for you to allow Jax to grieve in his own way too. The two of you knew Phoe better than anyone I'm glad you're finding ways to comfort each other.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Oh Terry! I’m heartbroken to be reading this:(. I had just finished celebrating Phoe feeling better that I am in shock to find out he had passed. My heart aches for you, but I’m happy you found each other and I know his life was happy because of you. I know these things are never easy, but we can take some comfort in knowing he is at rest now. Feathered hugs to you and Jax.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Hi, Terry. I am sorry I saw your thread and read the news late. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I share in your pain. You took excellent care of Phoe and I am sure he knows how loved he was. I hope time eases some of the pain you feel. Thinking of you.

Most Reactions