My Bird Is A Punk

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
So I have come to a realization today that hit me in an odd sort of way. Chicken is a punk. Let me explain a little.

I had Chicken out with me while I was talking to my wife, who was getting ready for work. We were in the bathroom, and I was holding Chicken in front of the mirror and I realized how scruffy she looks. You'd think, between both of my ekkies, that Tiki would be the scruffier of the two, since he is blind and almost 30 years old, but no, he looks really good. Especially considering two years ago, his chest was completely plucked bald, he is in excellent feather, his tail is gorgeous, his flight feathers all lie perfectly when his wings are folded back.

Chicken, on the other hand, looks like she's been fighting in a back alley behind a bar. That's when I realize, she pretty much has, because she's a punk. Maybe she would be in perfect feather if she didn't roll around the bottom of her cage trying to kill the rattle ball that "invades" her cage every so often, or didn't fall off of her foraging toy when she gets frustrated that she can't get the last pellet out of it and tries to shake it to death like a dog does a toy.

Like I could picture her with a little leather vest and a bunch of chains, and brass knuckles, and it's a little scary. I see all these pictures of these other ekkie hens in perfect feather that could be the prom queens of the bird world, while Chicken is out skipping class and smoking in the parking lot.

OP
OutlawedSpirit

OutlawedSpirit

Apr 12, 2016
Northern Illinois, USA
Parrots
Bo - DYH ~ Gus - CAG ~ Twitch - Linnie ~ Apple - Pineapple GCC ~ Goliath - Quaker ~ Squish - Peach face Lovebird
Oh, she's a princess all right. Just more Game of Thrones than Disney.

That isn't worrisome in the least. Sort of feel like I need to put a lock on the door to their room for when I'm sleeping.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
She and the Rb would make a perfect pair. A marriage made in Hades.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Kentuckienne's contribution...
PRICELESS.
FgSEK6p.jpg

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
So I have come to a realization today that hit me in an odd sort of way. Chicken is a punk. Let me explain a little.

I had Chicken out with me while I was talking to my wife, who was getting ready for work. We were in the bathroom, and I was holding Chicken in front of the mirror and I realized how scruffy she looks. You'd think, between both of my ekkies, that Tiki would be the scruffier of the two, since he is blind and almost 30 years old, but no, he looks really good. Especially considering two years ago, his chest was completely plucked bald, he is in excellent feather, his tail is gorgeous, his flight feathers all lie perfectly when his wings are folded back.

Chicken, on the other hand, looks like she's been fighting in a back alley behind a bar. That's when I realize, she pretty much has, because she's a punk. Maybe she would be in perfect feather if she didn't roll around the bottom of her cage trying to kill the rattle ball that "invades" her cage every so often, or didn't fall off of her foraging toy when she gets frustrated that she can't get the last pellet out of it and tries to shake it to death like a dog does a toy.

Like I could picture her with a little leather vest and a bunch of chains, and brass knuckles, and it's a little scary. I see all these pictures of these other ekkie hens in perfect feather that could be the prom queens of the bird world, while Chicken is out skipping class and smoking in the parking lot.

Right now,all I can muster up is..LMAO!!! Love you Chicken,you tombird you!

Jim

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hahahahahahaha! Chicken, the Bad Girl of the ekkie world!

And probably making fun of this prom queen Ekkies, while she sharpens her claws in shop class!

Hey, we can't all be princeesses, right?

Oh, she's a princess all right. Just more Game of Thrones than Disney.

She and the Rb would make a perfect pair. A marriage made in Hades.

The responses to this thread have been high comedy! Oh, the visuals!

Most Reactions