My bird just puked on me!

tadkins913

Jan 1, 2013
Parrots
Pineapple green cheeked conure
Uhm we were playing peek a boo and Sam came up on me and puked! Is this a normal thing for a bird to do????:confused:

ivysaur

Jul 30, 2012
Parrots
Ivy: Canary-winged Parakeet (Brotogeris versicolurus)
It means he loves you!!

Seriously though. Parrots regurgitate their food for their young, their mates, or their best pals. You might notice him doing some crazy head-bobbing before he does it. Try not to encourage this as it will lead to your bird thinking you're his mate, which is super bad. So, tell him thanks but no thanks and ignore it. :)

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
It means he loves you!!

Seriously though. Parrots regurgitate their food for their young, their mates, or their best pals. You might notice him doing some crazy head-bobbing before he does it. Try not to encourage this as it will lead to your bird thinking you're his mate, which is super bad. So, tell him thanks but no thanks and ignore it. :)

yes thats exactly what i would say! my lovebird tries this a lot.

OP
tadkins913

tadkins913

Jan 1, 2013
Parrots
Birds are crazy! Lol I did tell him thanks but no thanks and apparently he doesn't take rejection well because he hopped over to my husband and is sitting there just staring at me......lol.....coincidence i belive so but timing was great! I love having a bird! Learning so much from you guys!!'

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
Birds are crazy! Lol I did tell him thanks but no thanks and apparently he doesn't take rejection well because he hopped over to my husband and is sitting there just staring at me......lol.....coincidence i belive so but timing was great! I love having a bird! Learning so much from you guys!!'

Sounds to me like he's upset with you because you did not return the affection by regurgatating on him. LOL

Keep in mind that with birds, regurgitation and puking are two different things. Regurgitation is done to feed and show affection and puking is done because a bird is sick. There are different signs as to differentiate as to which is which.

OP
tadkins913

tadkins913

Jan 1, 2013
Parrots
Definitely regurgitated! Clean bill of health from the vet today! Sam did NOT like the Vet! lol I really think he was upset!!!! He wouldn't come back over to me for a minute there! Lol

JasmineGCC

Oct 4, 2012
England
Parrots
Jasmine my pineapple green cheeked conure, hatched 17 April 2012
Jasmine tries to feed me and I try to distract her. She does it less now so is learning she gets more attention if she doesn't!!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Your bird sure loves ya

When training Mishka at night, 90% of the time he will reguigitate for me.
He is showing love an affection towards me.

Most Reactions