My birds want to get married

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My new Amazon has been courting me for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday, his mating dance went on forever. While he was doing it, I was talking to my Nanday, saying things like, "Petey wants to marry me. But, people aren't good wives for birdies. Oh, what I telling you for, when you flirt with almost any man you see?"

I swear she said, "I'm gonna get hooked up."

Definitely not an expression I use, lol! Something else she learned from TV I guess. This bird cracks me up. She might not talk often, but sometimes just says the darndest things! And they are always so accurate. She obviously understands a lot more than I am aware of.

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Sounds like something a teenage boy taught her. LOL I did hear a story of a misbehaving amazon telling the behavior speci list "I'm want to get married". The owners swear they didnt teach it to him. Their only guess was the year before a niece had gotten married. We have not idea what they understand when we talk.

OP
R

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
She does really, really like to watch TV.

I told one of my friends about this today. When I said, isn't that funny? She said, "Actually it's kind of scary." LOL!

Most Reactions