ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Hi! So, Bella and Zora have been sirta weird lately. They'll do anything to nip at my nails. I had them painted blue, but the blue polish eventually chipped away and it's gone now. They're usually not nippy, but now that my nail polish is gone they nip at my nails, and only my nails. It sounds weird, but it really hurts. Is it from the change of no more nail polish? And are green cheek conures usually sensitive when it comes to change?
P.S. Maybe I should paint my nails again....? (I never do it in the house, I go outside, so the fumes won't get to them.)

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Are your bird of the same sex?

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Yes, we're all girls. :)

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
I know Tinker really hates polish! I learned this after she started attacking my hands....I had purple polish on and she was NOT happy! She still goes after my fingers (polish free) for a minute or two when I get her out of the cage, but then settles down. So IME, yes they are very sensitive to changes.....lol

solobaby

Jul 14, 2011
Parrots
Solo(indian ringneck)-Marley(green cheek conure)- Dobby (cockatiel)
marley does this to my nails . all i can say is , not pleasant

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Thanks for the help huys. :)
I know Tinker really hates polish! I learned this after she started attacking my hands....I had purple polish on and she was NOT happy! She still goes after my fingers (polish free) for a minute or two when I get her out of the cage, but then settles down. So IME, yes they are very sensitive to changes.....lol
Really? My girls like polish on my fingers. ;) I painted them pink and they stopped. My fingers will remain scar-free, lol. :) I didn't think they were as sensitive to change as some other species I read about, but apparently not. I guess I'll just have to keep my nail polish on the rest of my life LOL. At least I'm okay with it. ;)

Didomum

Jul 9, 2012
Parrots
2 Quakers, 1 ring neck and 4 budgies. Baby Eclectus due sept 2012
Sounds like it wasn't the polish as much as the colour. Bird go by colour a lot in the wild for matting. Or they are very fashion concuss and didn't thing the colour was right for you :)

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Sounds like it wasn't the polish as much as the colour. Bird go by colour a lot in the wild for matting. Or they are very fashion concuss and didn't thing the colour was right for you :)
LOL Yeah. But they didn't mind the color, they minded the absence of the color. I'm not sure if what you're saying is that they didn't like the color. But maybe you are saying they liked the nail polish. I'm really sleep deprived right now, so my brain is half shutting down. ;)

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
LOL Yeah. But they didn't mind the color, they minded the absence of the color. I'm not sure if what you're saying is that they didn't like the color. But maybe you are saying they liked the nail polish. I'm really sleep deprived right now, so my brain is half shutting down. ;)

I think they don't like the change....in my case I usually don't wear color....so she didn't like it.....in your case, you usually do and weren't, and your bird didn't like that....lol

OP
ConureCrazy

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Ya, it was the change. :) Thank you for your help guys. :) MickeysMom, we got opposites...lol. ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts