Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Oh shoot! My chanting got eaten by the crash. Allow me to repeat myself.

BaxTER BaxTER BaxTER BaxTER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it did. Allow me to respond this time

ThankYOU ThankYOU ThankYOU...

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Hoping to go visit again today, dependent on when FedEx shows up with the shipment of the day. A few things in there that I need to deliver.

I'm excited to see little Miss Baxter again, but won't bring her home before I get Tucker's labs back. Still no news on that front. He did email me the exam report. As discussed, he looks happy, healthy, and wonderful. :) No red flags so far.

He's been even more snuggly/loveable since I "saved him" from the vet after the blood draw. So happy he feels that safe and trusting with me.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well... No visit today. :-( Work got in the way, I spent a bunch of time chasing down a med for a really sick baby. (No, not mine) Ahh, perks of running a business. As my wife always says, everything for a reason. I think I would have had a hard time leaving Baxter behind today. Waiting for Tucker's results...

Hopefully the stars will align next week, and all works out well.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
When do we get Tucker’s results? This is killing me LOL

BaxTER BaxTER BaxTER

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
When do we get Tucker’s results? This is killing me LOL

BaxTER BaxTER BaxTER

You and me both! His appointment was Wednesday evening, so they would have been sent out Thursday morning. He said a few days for blood work results, and a little longer for the other stuff. They have a "New bird profile" that is really comprehensive, for a baseline on most everything. Hoping to get at least something back tomorrow...

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
The suspense is killing me! I would sure love to see Baxter get the loving home she deserves... especially if it's the one she seems to have chosen, yours. :)

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Any updates?

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Any updates?

OMG this is killing me. I called the office today. Turns out that my vet's current schedule is Wednesday through Friday, and every other Saturday. Results go directly to his email. Office staff didn't have any info, so here I am, still waiting. She put a note on his desk to call me tomorrow. Fingers have been crossed so long I think they're stuck that way lol!

On the upside, some birdie has been eating like a little piggy this week. Maybe he's decided to put the weight back on, but I have the feeling he's getting ready for a big molt. He finally dropped a ratty looking secondary yesterday. He's definitely due to replace a fair pile of the beat up and broken ones.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I so hope you hear something tomorrow, talk about suspense building!

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I so hope you hear something tomorrow, talk about suspense building!
Thanks Terry. I guess this is the downside of a good vet using an outside lab. Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... I could do without all the suspense.

BTW, i was scrolling through the forums and thought of you. How are you doing?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Definitely better to have a good vet and a slower lab than a bad vet with a fast lab with results they can't understand! I am hoping with everything I have that the results are wonderful.

I am doing good, thank you for asking. Still feeling the loss of Phoe everyday, but the memories are finally starting to comfort. I know you understand.

Otherwise, just obeying the orders of the feathered overlords who rule my life:)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
The suspense is too much! I hear patience is a virtue and I’m very grateful that Tucker has a good Vet, I also have a wonderful feeling that the test results will prove Tucker is perfectly healthy and ready for a feathered house mate. Looking forward to Baxter’s homecoming.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yair yair patience is a virtue and all that, my sainted grandmother used to say that, but I’m not very virtuous! Will you just hurry up and bring Baxter home already!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
What time is your vet in the office? Not that I'm anxious, or anything:)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
All of us today, waiting with you!
waiting-for-the-phone-to-ring.jpg

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Finally!!!

I officially have a healthy bird! Yay Tucker! All tests came back great except his uric acid was a little high. Likely due to hydration- it's an hour drive, we were there for quite a while, and he didn't drink at all, and he was really stressed when he went back for the draw and swabs. Also, he hadn't eaten much that day. His creatinine was "stellar" in the vet's words, so kidney function is really not a concern, he shows none of the other signs for that. Still waiting on the fungal results, but they can take 3-6 weeks to grow.

This week, especially the last few days, Tucker has really found his appetite! I can hardly keep enough food in his bowls. Fresh stuff, dry stuff, treats, all gone. Refill and he just attacks it again. I love it!

Looks like I will have to pay Miss Baxter a visit this weekend, and see if she's ready to come home :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts