Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This makes my day!!!!! Yay Tucker and yay for Baxter!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Finally!!!

I officially have a healthy bird! Yay Tucker! All tests came back great except his uric acid was a little high. Likely due to hydration- it's an hour drive, we were there for quite a while, and he didn't drink at all, and he was really stressed when he went back for the draw and swabs. Also, he hadn't eaten much that day. His creatinine was "stellar" in the vet's words, so kidney function is really not a concern, he shows none of the other signs for that. Still waiting on the fungal results, but they can take 3-6 weeks to grow.

This week, especially the last few days, Tucker has really found his appetite! I can hardly keep enough food in his bowls. Fresh stuff, dry stuff, treats, all gone. Refill and he just attacks it again. I love it!

Looks like I will have to pay Miss Baxter a visit this weekend, and see if she's ready to come home :)

BAX-TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Uh, why are we waiting until this weekend?

Oh yeah and great news about Tucker, of course. Oh my heart is happy for you and your little gang!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
And if you really must wait until the weekend, call them up and ask them to hold on to her for you. It would be the worst unhappy story ending ever if someone else adopted her tomorrow.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
BAX-TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Uh, why are we waiting until this weekend?

Oh yeah and great news about Tucker, of course. Oh my heart is happy for you and your little gang!

Agree! I hear Wednesdays and Thursdays are amazing Gotcha days:)

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Such great news....can’t wait to hear what happens next!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations Tucker, way to ace those tests, you gorgeous green fellow! Bravo Baxter! This is amazing news, I’m so happy for all of you. Do we have to wait until the weekend to celebrate with Baxter?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Congratulations! Happy healthy parrot and a new adventure on the way!!!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Awesome news about Tucker! Sounds like you hit it out of the park with him :D
and he is doing so well with you! Can't ask for anything more...except maybe BAXTER!! EVERYONE needs at least TWO fid's in their lives ;) If Baxter only knew what could possibly be happening next,we'd all be hearing her screeching with joy!
I am so so so happy for all of you! can't wait til the weekend comes! Of course there will be PLENTY of photo's to follow..RIGHT????? :p

Jim

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Oh my God oh my God!! I'm so happy to see this!! I'm SOOOOO glad Baxter will get a wonderful home with you!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
It’s Friday. Is this weekend??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
OK it's Saturday!!! Baxxxterrrr!!! BAXXXTERRRRR!!! c'mon home where you belong birdie!! Tuck Tuck is waiting to meet you!!
Oh boy this SUX :eek: just sitting here waiting for good news...and it's not even going to be my birdie lol.

Jim

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
I love you all a lot, but oh my, you guys are a pushy bunch! :)

Baxter will move (in) exactly when she is ready to do so.
She will neither be early or late...

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
I love you all a lot, but oh my, you guys are a pushy bunch! :)

Baxter will move (in) exactly when she is ready to do so.
She will neither be early or late...

Ahhhhhhh! Who asked you?!?!?! Haha [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Ahhhhhhh! Who asked you?!?!?! Haha [emoji23]

LOL, I could claim to be telepathically communing with said parrot, but the truth is.. too much TV (they did the Lord of the Rings again and I could not resist abusing that quote.)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Okay ladies and gentlemen... (Insert imaginary drum roll here) It's official. Baxter is home!

Sorry, no pictures yet. We were invited out to dinner with friends, so I got her home, set up her cage, got her settled in, and had to leave. I figured it was not a bad thing to let her relax a little bit in her new surroundings without all the household hustle and bustle.

I'm not sure how Tucker is feeling about it yet. Kids have the lights off to watch a movie, so he thinks it's bedtime and doesn't want to come out to see me. That's a normal routine for him, it just got dark earlier than usual. I hope he will forgive me for the new intruder in HIS home, taking up time with HIS person.

Tomorrow will be interesting I think...

Most Reactions

Latest posts