Media
Albums
NYC
Parrots
Sun conure
Pickle George
Green cheek
Pepsey
Hi, Like many parrot owners i bought my green cheek and never had a clue as to the sex. Well recently it started acting strange, when i would play with its neck feathers it would lay flat and stick its tail feathers up, so i assumed it was just trying to poop, then i came home a couple of days ago to a nest, so i pretty much had my answer, then today i came home and theres an egg, i cant really see it. So i called bird paradise in nj and they told me what to do. Just leave it alone and eventualy she will ignore it and she will either throw it out or i can take it out but they said not to touch it till i was sure.
I was recently thinking of geting a macaw but iv decided on anothor sun conure to keep my two year old chi chi company. now i talked to Bird paradise they have 7 or 8 babys and im going to go sat and put a deposit there $500
But then i saw on there site they have whats called a super sun conure. They explained there sun conures but brighter and there $600 so i have to call tomorrow and talk to the breeder and see if they have any or when they will have them i think that is what i will get.

cockatielfan17

Nov 20, 2011
i dont understand what they mean by super sun conure they may mean red factor sun conure or tangerine sun conure

a red factor is basicly red and super dark some people mistake it as another species

a tangerine is a sun conure with a little more orange than normal

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Interesting. My female conures have never laid eggs. I'm kind of wondering if Rowdy will now that there is a male bird in the house.

OP
erik7181

erik7181

Jun 2, 2010
Media
Albums
NYC
Parrots
Sun conure
Pickle George
Green cheek
Pepsey
They told me a super sun conure is a sun conure with extreamly brighter colors.

OP
erik7181

erik7181

Jun 2, 2010
Media
Albums
NYC
Parrots
Sun conure
Pickle George
Green cheek
Pepsey
She goes around and under. she pulled the cage cover in threw the bars and the straw the stuff its made from was from a toy.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Most Reactions