my linnie problems

richy

Feb 9, 2015
uk
Hello all iv just joined and posted in the welcome section about my birds.
3 days ago i took on 2 linnies, they were in a shop in a cage with nothin other than food and water and i had been reading up and looking for them and knew they loved to climb etc. Anyway the staff at shop were not great and i thought i need to take them!!! Theyv had a very bad wing clip ( which no bird iv ever had has been clipped, my parrotlet nicknamed nibble just now as hes a little nipper just sits on my hand chatting away and my tiel sits on the curtain rod) and are not tame (they never even had an accurate age for them).

Anyway i got them home......and had a nightmare as they freaked amd when putting them in cage one got out and bolted under my bed and after managing to get him/her back (after getting a nip which was ouch!) And sorted in cage with lots of nice new toys and ladders i left them to settle. So iv been giving them vitamins to help them fell a bit better and iv had them on the seed they were on but have added small amounts of pellets and fresh brocolli and apple which through the night is devoured. They wont eat with me present but i have sat beside them and chatted away and they shredded a toy and watched me quite calmly.

I wondered though...will i be able to tame them a little as they are terrified and when i put my hand in they dive to the bottom and freak out. Iv never had them before and im not used to the scaredness. Iv spoke away to them and theyv done the wee croaky noise back.

OP
R

richy

Feb 9, 2015
uk
Thanks. I feel so bad for them they are obviously terrified. They do seem to enjoy their new toys. They stick together like glue and watch me. My room is nice and quiet.

Hopefully some people can advise on helping me get them used to me and taming if possible

Last edited:

Most Reactions