My "new" Adopted CAG

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
Levi does that when he wants to fly or go somewhere else. It’s a take off stance.
I don’t view it as a negative or dominance. He’s just done and wants to move on or explore.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
My greys only did this if they were really unsure of a situation. It always reminds me of babybirds begging for food (fledgelings in the garden).
Now they are quite okay with just ordering me around so they don't do that any more ;)

The biting is inside AND outside the cage?

Mine tried to be territorial once inside - I did not stand for that of course: the cage is also mine, no biting allowed. (Easier said than done, I had the first aid box on the table the first weeks - but just the acceptance of possibly being bitten was enough - It was just all bluff and testing. Pffffft)
I've dealt with 5 greys till today and only one was a true bitey bastard (he had learned that lesson well at his previous home -> biting got him everything he wanted) the rest were just testing and quite happy not to bite.

Your CAG has enough trust in you to tell you he is not sure -> so that is a bonus.
You both want to communicate (wonderfull) now you have to find the best way to do so. Now it is your turn to be confident for him.

Most Reactions